Newbie on the forum with a first try-out

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Ron

Newbie on the forum with a first try-out

Post by Ron »

download/file.php?id=282

Ik zal mij even voorstellen. Ik ben Ron en behoor tot de babyboomers die momenteel overal de schuld van krijgen. Dus je begrijpt lekker veel tijd tot beschikking om muziek te maken. Alweer een tijd geleden mocht ik de muziek van HBL horen. Daarna kan ik zeggen behoren wij (mijn vrouw & ik) tot vaste liefhebbers van zijn muziek.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Ron and belong to the group of people the Dutch call babyboomers :oldie: ( just a lot of babies while I was born) this group gets the blame for everything financial that goes or went wrong in Holland. Retirement creates a lot of time to make music. :music2: Quite a while ago now, my wife and I first heard HalfBlindLefty's music, after that we are faithfull listeners of his music :)

Laatst heb ik de Fender G-Dec-3 - 15 kunnen aanschaffen en het spelen gaat telkens meer naar zin. Trouwens een waanzinnig goed apparaat die Fender, geen spijt van gehad. Ontzettend veel mogelijkheden in combinatie met je PC. Muziek maken is een van de mooiste dingen die een mens kan doen.

A short while ago I got me one of those new Fender Gdec three 15 amps, -an awesome amp by the way, I didn't regret this purchase for a sec-, since then my playing improves and is much more to my likings. The combination with the pc software and recording make the amp priceless.
I feel that making music is of of the best things man can do.

Bijgaand een probeersel die zeker niet perfekt is, maar waar toch mijn gevoel in zit verwerkt. Luister en je herkent de invloed van HBL.

I uploaded a try-out I recorded that all but perfect, but it expresses my feelings. When you listen carefully you just might hear HBL influences.

Groeten Greetings

Ron

[ Translators note : This is wierd, I'm used to switch over to thinking in English when I roam the Internet. Translating is a whole different ball game :think: ]
Attachments

RONFeelingsLP.mp3 - (2.18 MiB)

Pena

Re: Nieuw op het forum met probeersel

Post by Pena »

:welcome:
And HBL HEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP. I so and so understand english, but this dutch goes way over my head :big_smile:
Also I can't hear anything from the attached mp3. :think:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
Ron

Post by Ron »

Bij mij werkt alles naar behoren, geen probleem. Als ik originele taal intik komt alles netjes zonder wir war woorden over.
Mhh over here everything works fine, I'm using google translate

Jammer dat het zo gaat.
Darn I hoped it would work

Ron

[ HBL: I'm going to test and see what goes wrong]
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:
Living near the dutch border I do understand a bit, but it would be easier to speak English here... it's an international (great!) community.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Pena wrote::welcome:
And HBL HEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP. I so and so understand english, but this dutch goes way over my head :big_smile:
Also I can't hear anything from the attached mp3. :think:
Pena

:rofl: Your missing out on all the fun, it's a great language. We use it to torture our offspring when they have to learn it in school :away:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote::welcome:
Living near the dutch border I do understand a bit, but it would be easier to speak English here... it's an international (great!) community.
Working on it Gerd :alright:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Newbie on the forum with a first try-out

Post by 12bar »

So - Ron is your alter ego, HBL? :think: :lol:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote:So - Ron is your alter ego, HBL? :think: :lol:
Haha, :naughty: There is only one HBL in this world :haha:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

There is some hiss on the recording I'm listening to , but I can hear some real nice tone and good melodic playing, and a mood comes across too. And yes indeed, there is a hint of the HBL style in there too. Good one Ron. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:thumbsup: Great job there Ron.... we can certainly hear who influenced your playing but you sound really great... super job. (I got the hiss too, but can hear the music fine). BTW... welcome to the forum.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford