Alligator Slides in the Swamp Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Alligator Slides in the Swamp Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

About 6 weeks since I last posted a blues ... and the same time since I last played one. :shy: Been too busy checking out celtic guitar, altered tuning and mandolin.

So I dug out a Lawrence Fritts BT in D today and had a slide around on the Gretsch Alligator Resonator. Just the one guitar part on this recording and no electric guitars. I think it's a month since I even played an electric! :sad: It was fun doing this though - and a first take after one run through - no editing except a hint of RVB.

It's much more difficult to eliminate the noise of the slide hitting strings on an acoustic v an electric - so until I brush up my technique better you'll have to hear the crashing impact noises. :wall:

Soundclick track here :music1: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12686562
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Alligator Slides in the Swamp Blues

Post by tytlblues »

Oh VB....I think your non blues phase is over!! love this, like that resonator and feeling you get!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Have you got into an acoustic phase? I think so. Anyway, it sounds good and you do not have to worry about the sound you do not want to be heard. The sounds I hear are, as to the actual guitar sound and is not in the way at all.
You have done this well............ :clap: :thumbsup:
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Very cool VB, your slide playing is sounding really good! Dan
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks guys - sorry been a bit hectic with not enough time to visit / reply here.

The electrics continue to sit unused. :tears:

I'm still feeling I have to clean up my slide technique a bit to avoid the crashing noises as it hits the strings. But I do really like the sound of the Alligator resonator - I think it was built for open tuning slide. :cool:

I'll not trouble you all with recent folk songs though. What has happened to my musical direction!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!