Anywhere But Up - VB Collab with Tytlblues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Anywhere But Up - VB Collab with Tytlblues

Post by VikingBlues »

Tytlblues and I have had a go at another collab this weekend. JamTracksCentral backing track again from their Blues Variations collection.

Bit Stormy Monday sort of style. Mellow stuff. We trade choruses (Tom goes first -as regulars here will spot easily), then we duet it out at the end in the 6th chorus.

Hagstrom Viking Deluxe for my part and the Super Champ XD.

:music2: https://soundcloud.com/tytlblues/anywhere-but-up-feat

Hope you enjoy!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Anywhere But Up - VB Collab with Tytlblues

Post by MichaelRobinson »

As usual you fix it well. Self, I wish I could find the notes with the same feeling as you.
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Nice collab this. At the moment I can tell who's playing which bits from note choices (although tonally that's more difficult). But I have a suspicion it's going to get harder to tell you guys apart the more of these things you do together! Well done.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Wow!! sounds really good guys, really good! Dan
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

What a sound! :pray:
I almost :cry: so much Blues in it!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks chaps! :D :thumbsup:

I do enjoy these collabs with Tom, though I am also fighting off being overawed by Toms part that I receive to add my playing too. The way he starts the recording is magnificent and the octave runs and the way they meld themselves into such bluesy licks is magical. :pray:

I'm very glad I made the suggestion that the last chorus should not just me me and us having equal turns. I do like the way the dual guitar gets the recording to end with a different sound and also a lot more sparky than I could have done however many takes I had done.
losaavedra wrote:Nice collab this. At the moment I can tell who's playing which bits from note choices (although tonally that's more difficult). But I have a suspicion it's going to get harder to tell you guys apart the more of these things you do together!
I think you'll always be able to tell the difference unless Tom has a terrible mishap or unless I get to have "that" conversation and do a deal with the devil!! :big_smile:

But I think the tones that the two of us use are pretty compatible - another plus for me that makes these collabs a joy. :banana:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!