The ambient takes

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

The ambient takes

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Actually the subject could be "Solitude, the ambient takes" But to occupyt hree of twelve entries in the latest posts list seemed a bit off :naughty: So ...... :wink:

This song has been build up using the backingtrack I uploaded yesterday. I expanded it with some synth created wind noises and PD sounds with thunder.
This evening I was feeling reasonably well, so I recorded my (i Think) final take/version of Solitude. it's done by now I guess. Even if only to circumvent people running away from 12bar bacause of all the strange music :wink:

I ended up with 8 tracks in total for the end mix :
1 synth,
1 thunder noises,
1 acoustic guitar,
4 electric guitar tracks just for the backingtrack.

2 tracks electric lead guitar ( one is acually a scratch track to polish out some errors in my playing)

It's been a long time, but I've uploaded this one to my soundclisk HalfBlindLefty page

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12476388
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
vancouverois

Re: The ambient takes

Post by vancouverois »

Very nice ambiance, the track is embellished by the addons of wind and thunder!
Excellent playing, congrats! :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

A very moody and atmospheric recording - something of a tone poem and a very effective arrangement. Highly melodic and while it might be "strange music" for some it sounds very well to my ears. :clap: :clap:

The wind in particular does add to that mood being established by the music. Wind sound can work very well that way of course - often used in films as a mood enhancer - watched Catch22 last night for example and that uses that technique to good effect.

Played very well with great musical taste. :pray:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Fantastic! Why not make a CD? There is a quality to your music that is incredible.............................. :pray: :thumbsup: :clap:
Have you ever sent a demo to a record label? If not, I think you make a couple of attempts.
I could probably listen many times at this. What you do with the music has a calming effect on me.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:Fantastic! Why not make a CD? There is a quality to your music that is incredible.............................. :pray: :thumbsup: :clap:
Have you ever sent a demo to a record label? If not, I think you make a couple of attempts.
I could probably listen many times at this. What you do with the music has a calming effect on me.
My first thoughts, too. Superb tone combined with excellent playing, technically brilliant. You could easily start a job as film music maker!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

Demoes to RecCos... mhh don't think so ;) playing in a band learned me that any kind of pressure kills my creativity.

Thanks again, next project ....
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I understand you, HBL. The pressure to perform and be on the move would detract from creativity if you can not relax. For me it is enough mere idea to upload in this forum for me to become so stressed that I lock myself. So I understand you when it comes to that part.