Slow blues in A

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

Slow blues in A

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Here I make an effort to play with feel and with a single shot. Playing on the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe.

It seems like the less I practice the more feeling I get with. Very strange, I must say. Yes .... Minimum playing now because I'm right out internally, so the best I can fix is here
download/file.php?id=2530
Attachments

Slow blues in A.mp3 - (3.08 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: Slow blues in A

Post by VikingBlues »

Way to go with the Viking Deluxe! Very nice piece of blues playing - and yes played with feeling! :clap: :clap:

You're not wrong about how less practice can sometimes help the playing. There's a saying that "absence makes the heart grow fonder". I think for guitars it could be "lack of practice makes the feel grow stronger".

Though I guess it's best not to go too far down the lack of practice route or there might be plenty of feeling there but rather too many clams and wrong notes. By the way I noticed no wrong notes at all in your recording so I think you've got the balance right. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

VB

"lack of practice makes the feel grow stronger". VB wrote and I agree

Thanks for the positve respons you gave me and that you like the song.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sounds good Michael! :thumbsup:
Played with feeling. I agree that it is possible to overpractice and lose the feel for playing. I go perhaps too far the other way. :roll:
I didn't know you had a Hagstrom... Nice guitar!
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

[quote="Blindboy"]Sounds good Michael! :thumbsup:
Played with feeling. I agree that it is possible to overpractice and lose the feel for playing. I go perhaps too far the other way. :roll:
I didn't know you had a Hagstrom... Nice guitar![/quot]

Thanks, BB, for the response.
I do not know which way you go, but you need not worry because you are playing well and have good technique.
Oh, yes. I have a Hagstrom. It I've had in a few months
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Well done on this one ... nice graunchy bluesy sound. Agree with the others that a bit of a break on the practice regime produces more positive results when guitar gets picked up again after. What I tend to do is go for some other instrument altogether when I don't feel particularly 'inspired' guitar-wise. At present its keyboards, which I have not put any effort into for months. I'm quite enjoying trying random things there, different chords in different keys, etc. (my left hand keyboard playing isn't very good) to see what comes out. Same with sax (mine's been tucked away in its box for a couple of years!) but out it came the other day for a blow and it (sort-of) sounded OK after the long break from it, which surprised me. But the more of these diversions I go for the more I know I'll want to get back to guitar pretty soon. Lot of truth in the saying "a change is as good as a rest" though. Anyway, nice sound you have there, well done!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
MichaelRobinson

Iosaavedra

You have many strings to your bow, as we say in Sweden when someone can do more than one thing. You can do it with several instruments and I can be a little envious of. Imagine being able to make its own orchestra in a DAW! For me it is a dream and wish that I can not do, like you.

Regarding my song I will say this; If I may be a little self-criticism had been less is more in its place
Anyway I thank you for your response and your post.