Bad Day Blues Dm

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Bad Day Blues Dm

Post by VikingBlues »

My Tokai looked sad and neglected. :tears:

I was feeling sad and dispirited. :sad:

We got together with an Althrax BT in Dm. Tried to play melody and ...

... we tried to play some tears. Might not be too pretty, but tears aren't pretty.

download/file.php?id=225
Attachments

Bad Day Blues with a Tokai
bad day dm.mp3 - (2.52 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
VikingBlues

Re: Bad Day Blues Dm

Post by VikingBlues »

OOOPS! :mercy:

Sorry lads - bad day, funny mood, and too much alcahol. :shy:

What was I thinking? Hopefully there will be enough parts arriving for the strat build project in the next couple of days to give me something better to do and stop feeling sorry for myself.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ho now my friend... everyone has those moments in time... one way or another.
That's when sometimes good music with lots of feel gets born ! ( yes born not created)

Well you gave birth to a beautiful song ! Love your tone and playing here. Well done.
Nothing to be ashamed off, no way
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Hay VikingBlues, If beer can do that with me to :wink: I start drinking dubble pints from now on :beer: Love the sound and the song man :banana:
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I'm sure it's the mood, not the alcohol that made your playing so good!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:clap: :clap: :dance:
Sweet sounds! Your playing sure has gotten good. My wife came in the room while I was listening to this, and said "Who is that?". I told her it was my online buddy from Scotland and she listened for a bit and said "Oh, he's good isn't he?". She has a discerning ear, and doesn't hand out compliments lightly. :thumbsup:
Your playing and tone on this are very nice. Sometimes a MOOD can inspire some great music.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thank you gentlemen. That's a strong body of opinion from four players I have huge respect for.

Interesting point 12bar about the mood - I think the extra large glass of wine was fuelled by the same mood as the music.

As they say here in Scotland "I wasnae fleein'". Nowhere near the drunk stage. I think I found it difficult to hear next morning due to it reminding of that mood - hence the apologetic post. It's maybe verging on overdone, but from what you've said it's not toppled into total overkill.

Thanks Blindboy for letting me know your better half's comment - I'm guessing that she's not a guitarist as I don't remember you saying that she was, and if so it's nice to know it's worked at a level that's not to do with recognising technique etc - just on a musical basis. It's laso nice to hear because I know she must be used to hearing very good playing on a regular basis. Anyway please thank her - I appreciate her kind words. :thumbsup:

My mood had lightened, but you've all made it even better - thanks guys. :big_smile:
Last edited by VikingBlues on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Only just listened to this VB and well done, nice bit of creation :thumbsup:

You've fitted the guitar part to the BT real well .....Like the BT too ( any chance of it ending up in the BT section ?? and who/ where are Althrax......I thought it was Anthrax when I first read it !! :D )

Plenty of Melancholy oozing out from this soundscape !! ..................If Alchohol helps ....great !! ....But it can sure add to melancholy too!!

Now.......... where did I put my beer !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:Only just listened to this VB and well done, nice bit of creation :thumbsup:

You've fitted the guitar part to the BT real well .....Like the BT too ( any chance of it ending up in the BT section ?? and who/ where are Althrax......I thought it was Anthrax when I first read it !! :D )

Plenty of Melancholy oozing out from this soundscape !! ..................If Alchohol helps ....great !! ....But it can sure add to melancholy too!!

Now.......... where did I put my beer !!
Althrax is on soundclick. Some of his pieces there are really good for BTs. Althrax was recommended to me on this forum by LzyBlue - my thanks to him as really good BTs are a rarity.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... dID=771249

It's the piece called simply "D minor blues" I used fro the BT. I'll post up the copy I have to the BT section, but it's well worth exploring his music page.

Glad you liked my take on it - thank you Strummer. :D
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

VikingBlues wrote: Thanks Blindboy for letting me know your better half's comment - I'm guessing that she's not a guitarist as I don't remember you saying that she was, and if so it's nice to know it's worked at a level that's not to do with recognising technique etc - just on a musical basis. It's laso nice to hear because I know she must be used to hearing very good playing on a regular basis. Anyway please thank her - I appreciate her kind words. :thumbsup:

My mood had lightened, but you've all made it even better - thanks guys. :big_smile:
Miriam (my wife) isn't a musician, but she is a very discerning listener. And, yes, she is used to hearing good blues playing. (I have been subjecting her to excellent blues artists for six years now :big_smile: ) She can even tell the difference between a West Coast blues player and a Texas Blues player. :think:
Seriously, you have made great leaps and bounds in your plalying since I first heard you, and you fully deserve any accolades. :clap: :thumbsup:
Peace, my friend, and I am still sorry that the strat neck thing fell through. :wall: :motz:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
BluesLicksMaster

Post by BluesLicksMaster »

I'm a sucker for a slow minor blues, and I'm loving all the stuff you guys have done on this site, so I just had to give this one a go.

I did this quick, one take, as I really should be using my time to do work, but I just couldn't resist. It's a bit noodly I think, but in my defense I've had a lot of coffee and no food yet today :big_smile:

I'm playing my Yamaha SA1100 with Gibson P94 pups...I'm getting buried with that one...going direct recorded with Cakewalk Guitar Tracks and used Guitar Rig for amp sim and effects.

I hope you like it!

download/file.php?id=319
Attachments

Good Morning Blues Dm.mp3 - (3.44 MiB)

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too..."
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Good tone and nice playing :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I do like this BT - gives a real mood to slip into. Nicely played and very fluid. Love those flurries and runs. :thumbsup:

The Yamaha's a semi-acoustic - yes? And obviously a good one.

One take is good - I like the one take - makes it alive and unrehearsed. Love the tone and the real bluesy edge you've given the piece. :clap:
BluesLicksMaster

Post by BluesLicksMaster »

Thanks! Yeah, the Yamaha is semi-hollow. I like it more than any Gibson 335 I've played and I paid $400 for it about 15 years ago.

I like that track too...love the organ.

I'm really thrilled to have found this forum...it's cool to communicate and share with blues players all over the world.
"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too..."
Bluez2move

Post by Bluez2move »

Real Heartfelt blues :thumbsup:

Diggin the tone
and the licks :cool:
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:thumbsup: You guys sound Sooooo Good.... it's like having a free blues concert on my computer every time I log onto this site. Great sound everyone.

One of these days....
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:clap: Great playing, including most of the things we discuss here like adding double stops, major notes and interval hopping. Excellent!

Remember, this is an amateur forum - don't dishearten us too much, otherwise I have to ban you! :mercy: :lol:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:Remember, this is an amateur forum - don't dishearten us too much, otherwise I have to ban you! :mercy: :lol:
:lol: Gives us something to aspire to!! :pray:

That strange mixture of enjoying the music you're listening to and the fleeting flashes of inadequacy that pop up during it. :thumbsup: :alright:
Pena

Post by Pena »

Sweet BLM :clap:
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson