El Mano The Show Must Go On

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

El Mano The Show Must Go On

Post by ElMano »

LIfe is what happens, wile planning something else. I just got the news ,last Sunday, that a musician that i know very well is suffering ad long cancer, en there is no hope. It was no friend because it was a cocky kind of type that was hard to please en had a big thinking of his skills. Still i get chicken skin when i heard the news en it keep on spinning in my mind. Just another blues man of the small circle i knew all my life is fading out, and my mood is going on a bumpy ride between sadness and anger because of the waste. I have a big problem to find the English words to describe the feelings, so i try to play a tune that is representative for the mood i am in. Sad, Angry, Afraid it will happens to me to and so on.
Just listen en i hope you recognize, my mood when Black Betty ( my 1991 Fender prodigy ) speaks for me.
Attachments

Who want's to life for ever
The show must go on.MP3 - (4.42 MiB)

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
oneeyedslide

Re: El Mano The Show Must Go On

Post by oneeyedslide »

Hey El Mano, your english words describe the feelings well. And Black Betty's tearful notes speak it eloquently. The show must go on and the stage gets smaller. Makes you just want to sing the blues! Knowing it's all inevitable doesn't help either.

We call it "goose bumps" and Black Betty telling your story gives 'em to me. Thanks.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very difficult to find the right words for this sort of thing even in your own language. You put your thoughts across well ElMano.

Your playing captures the mood - Black Betty did well.

We are all like ducks in a fairground shooting gallery with some sod taking pot shots at us all - I hate it. We've just had a five year old boy in the next village killed by a lorry right outside his house this afternoon (he was on his bike) - one horrible ghastly scenarion for everyone - and how can a parent ever get to cope with that?
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

You've found the right words - and notes. Life is not fair sometimes. Don't care too much for tomorrow, start living today is what this tells us.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Wel spoken and Played ElMano !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....