Cold Call blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

Cold Call blues

Post by tytlblues »

Howdy folks, I know i have not been around lately....thought I would check in and maybe post something up.

Cold Call Blues, Fritts BT, played on Epi 335, Fender Blues Junior with Full-Drive 2 OD pedal

download/file.php?id=2505
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
losaavedra

Re: Cold Call blues

Post by losaavedra »

Amazing! This is 'The Blues' as its supposed to be ... every single note and (just as importantly) even the spaces, convey the right amount of tension, surprise and attention-grabbing variation across the verses to make it so. All the messages are there. If, one day, I could get do something even half as good ... I'd be a real happy bunny! Wake-up call listening to this one, thanks.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I always found this BT very hard to play with, it's really really slow, but you put just the right amount of energy into it. 335 + BJ + smart bends: perfect! :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Stunning what can be done with apparently so little to build on! :cool: :clap: :pray:
losaavedra wrote:Amazing! This is 'The Blues' as its supposed to be ... every single note and (just as importantly) even the spaces, convey the right amount of tension, surprise and attention-grabbing variation across the verses to make it so. All the messages are there. If, one day, I could get do something even half as good ... I'd be a real happy bunny! Wake-up call listening to this one, thanks.
Absolutely - so well put. Though I'll take your "half as well" and raise it to a quarter as well! :big_smile:
12bar wrote:I always found this BT very hard to play with, it's really really slow, but you put just the right amount of energy into it. 335 + BJ + smart bends: perfect! :clap:
Yes - a horribly difficult BT to use as so little happens on it. So 100% of the onus on creating interest lands on the guitarist - and finds most of us wanting - or in my case finds me wanting another backing track. In this case though the onus lands on the right guitarist and is a great success. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Very nice, laid back and controled! :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Right now I feel like something a little faster songs but still feel that you have done well with getting to the solo, as usual. You have a lot of blues in your blood, you. Natural Talent I firmly believe.
You get......... :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! This sounds like a pretty tough BT to play to. Makes the guitar step up. Nice job on this one. :clap: :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"