A simple song

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

A simple song

Post by MichaelRobinson »

This is an improvisation. This time worked ears, brain and fingers together better.
The song is long and would need a bit more sustain and distortion in solo. A little more delay probably did not hurt either, but now it is as it is.
Felt relaxed when I played but very nervous at the upload.
download/file.php?id=2501
Attachments

A song.mp3 - (9.1 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Re: A simple song

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:This is an improvisation. This time worked ears, brain and fingers together better.
:yikes: Better? Perfect! To me it's the best song you've uploaded ever.
A constant "floating" playing, with a lot of David Gilmour / Pink Floyd feeling. VERY good! :clap:
Delay, sustain - everything is fine to my ears.
MichaelRobinson

12 bar

Yes I felt very relaxed and the solo I hade in my head came out, for a change.
Pinkfloydish is what I thought too.

Tank's, 12 bar for the nice comment.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very musical lead work Michael - the note choices and phrasing work very well and there's a theme running through the song. As rightly said a lot of the "Gilmourish" to your playing, and it's none the worse for that. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

You did very well to sustain the effort for 10 minutes too - think you were really in the zone for that to happen. :cool:
MichaelRobinson wrote:Felt relaxed when I played but very nervous at the upload.
Sometimes it seems that the better the work, the more the nervous we can feel at the uploading stage. It's maybe because the better recordings mean much more to us and we care more about what might be said (or not said). It's like we're putting a part of ourselves up for comment. :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

I completely agree with the positive comments of others on this one. Also your handling of this piece conveys far more than just through being a bunch of notes played one after the other in a certain order. A really good bit of music encourages the creation of 'images' in the brain of the listener and that's what this one does for me. Your treatment could well be part of a professionally produced film score, made to support the on-screen actions that the eye sees. By two thirds of the way through I could actually hear Native American Indian chanting at the end of each chord grouping. Half my head knows its not really there, but the other half nevertheless insists, for me, on creating that particular imagery. That's very powerful stuff. Of the thousands of songs I've listened to over the years, across many different genres, only a relatively small number of them have had a similar impact. Oh, and I wouldn't mess with the sustain/distortion either ... its tonally just right as it is! Thanks for posting this one. Very well done!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:clap: :clap:
Right on! This is very sweet. I agree that it is about the best I have heard you play. You really were in the zone and nailed the mood perfectly. I also wouldn't change the sustain/delay, it is fine the way it is.
Great job on this one. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

What should I say? Now that I have received such a positive feedback so I demand that I at least can keep the standard of the future, which is damn difficult. Because I play by ear and can not read music and tabs so I have to somehow find the synchronization between the melody in the head and get it out on the guitar. The sensitivity is very blocked to produce something. We have all hard to get past the obstacle of how little or big it is.
Ideally I would like it to which song release barrier between voice and what you hear in your head and sing what you hear in himself.

We all stuck with our self-critical problems. The top would be if it had the courage to let the criticism and turn himself little chest, which is difficult. Now I know that this dilemma, we have all, except few who have released their obstacles and live into the music in a positive way without stupid limits.