Blue Monday

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ratfinkdan

Blue Monday

Post by ratfinkdan »

Well its a cool rainy Memorial day here in western Washington, good excuse to sit around and try to figure out a little bit of the boss micro br80 I got a while ago. It has an Eband section in it with backing tracks in different styles, so pulled up a blues track, was trying to program the amp model and some of the effects, didn't quite get the tone I was trying for, still needs some tweaking but its getting there. Some sloppy playing in here and I think the lead guitar tone is still a little bright needs to be a little fatter but it worked for now. I added a rhythem guitar and the lead to the backing track, has kind of an Allman Brothers vibe to it, anyway hope you like it. Dan http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12339922
vancouverois

Re: Blue Monday

Post by vancouverois »

Very nice and well played! :thumbsup: :clap:
The lead tone is not too bright but could be just a bit louder.
Well done! :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Re: Blue Monday

Post by VikingBlues »

Good job - I would agree that not too bright, but perhaps lacking slightly in body rather than volume? Played very well though which is the main thing. :thumbsup: :clap:

Tricky with these modelling gizmos of any sort to get the right tone. :wall: It's an almost impossible ask to get a "real" amp sound particularly at lower gain levels at the more budget end of the market. (I suspect things get better with the likes of the highly expensive Fractal Axe FX II or the slightly less expensive Eleven Rack). The BR80 does give a big range of tweakability in a fairly user friendly way, Unlike the Boss heavier guns like the GT-8 where I needed an instructional DVD to have any chance of decent success with the sound. Always found myself heading for and adjusting the compression setting on the BR80 to try to get a better attempt from the modelling at natural sustain - and it ended up gathering dust. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!