Black and Blue Train Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
losaavedra

Black and Blue Train Blues

Post by losaavedra »

Another bit of homespun blues. Words from 50 years ago by myself, so no copyright issues and finally got to record it on the Boss rather more recently. Guitar's the Chimera. Vocal's my usual shout stuff with each verse second line harmonized (a bit!) while the piano's an upright real one (rather a pain to mic up) as I did it before I got an electric piano last year. It's in Eb because I can't do much in the way of piano blues in other keys. The rather primitive and sometimes slightly out-of-time percussion is just by hitting the drum buttons along the front of the Boss which aren't very sensitive. I need to get my head around doing a proper drum arrangement before anything else, which the Boss is capable of, but so far my brain isn't. I was holding this one back to put some harp on too although haven't got around to it.

So here we go ...

download/file.php?id=2449
Attachments

(Rojales Blues Band) Black and Blue Train Blues.mp3 - (3.04 MiB)

Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
tytlblues

Re: Black and Blue Train Blues

Post by tytlblues »

Being a fan of piano and guitar blues.....plus being able to do the vocals.....you get a big thumbs up! A great raw, smokey club blues man......love it!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Raw, but compelling! :clap:

For the listener not just "in yer face", but gives a slap too. :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Lovely rasping voice. Raw guitar. I like it here too. I bow down and give you the best grades. :pray:
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Thanks, comments much appreciated. My view of what I do is that I don't do any particular part very well but sometimes putting several fairly mediocre parts together sort of 'works'. This is more luck than any overall skill I think ... so positive comments come as a bit of a surprise to me. Perhaps the reason I stick to this rather messy 'live band sounding' layered approach, rather than ever using BTs, is because the latter would more expose just how much of a crap solo instrumentalist I actually am! I'm gonna have to try and make a simple acoustic guitar/harp/vocal blues that works soon, the exposure will do me good.
Thanks again.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)