Crossroads entry (Noob)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Dogman

Crossroads entry (Noob)

Post by Dogman »

Hi,

I know I'm a dreamer, but could I get some constructive feedback from you guys?

http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/SeanAmato

Thanks
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Crossroads entry (Noob)

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:

A little more about your musical background would be nice... :icon_whoknows:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Seems like he needs plays. :naughty:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Dogman

Post by Dogman »

Hi guys! I found this board while searching copyright info for RJ. It seems like a wonderfully supportive and creative site. The link does not work on plays but the support button on the right (although I won't complain). I am coming up on 48 yrs. with 34 of them on guitar. Jimmy Page is my hero. Clapton, Beck, Malmsteen, Ackerman, Howe etc. etc. I work as a mechanic in Portland, Maine, USA. Thanks for the replies!
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

In trying to form a quick appraisal ... I'm unclear which bits you're playing (all, some) within the whole thing and also what gear you're using instrumentally and for recording. The start and end of the piece seem a bit dis-jointed, but vocals reasonable ... and there are a few competent licks tucked away in the lead parts. Probably not the best place to put up a tune where you're just wanting a basic technical response as a look at the 'top' bands there (some of which are darn good) soon side-tracked me off into listening to a bunch of them instead!! You could've just put an mp3 up here to get more of a reaction. Anyway, more info will probably draw in some useful comments.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks for the info! I have the same problems as losaavedra: what's you, what is the BT... Some very nice notes inside for sure!
Dogman

Post by Dogman »

Hi, thanks guys. All guitars and vox are me, the drums and keys are midi. I recorded with a Tascam US122 w/2 Nady directional mics and mixed in Acid pro. I took all the first takes for it, so I'll be updating it as I go along. It's my first home studio setup so I'm still trying to figure out mixing and quantizing. :think:

Thanks again!
Dogman

Post by Dogman »

Oh yes! I think the copyrights for "Love in Vain" are in dispute. I didn't want to upload a 3rd party MP3 just in case. Thanks!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Dogman wrote:Oh yes! I think the copyrights for "Love in Vain" are in dispute. I didn't want to upload a 3rd party MP3 just in case. Thanks!
Thanks for caring about the copyright! The good thing is, over here all Robert Johnson songs are now in public domain, since he died more than 70 years ago.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I like your take on this Dagman! :clap:

I do vividly recall how tricky a piece this can be, especially to do all the parts yourself - I still bear the emotional scars after a couple of years or so after trying that. Though my attempt was really too slow and a bit of a dirge!

Your version is very sparky - and an interesting mix of blues influences from lots of eras. Quite unique to my ears.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Dogman

Post by Dogman »

Thanks VB, that was the pick-me up I needed today!