A Slow Minor Blues In B

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

A Slow Minor Blues In B

Post by tytlblues »

Having been on the road with the job over Thanksgiving, I arrived home early Saturday morning. Time enough to spend the majority of saturday with my boy, home from college.....A wonderful day, changed the oil in his car, saw the new James Bond film, watched Texas A&M (his college) put a hurt on Missouri, then saw the last five minutes of the Irish crush USC. Along the way, talked about girls, music, and life..........yeah, everything is ok in the world for now. After saying goodbyes this Sunday afternoon, found this Bt on Youtube. I recorded a video which I will post, but this is the audio portion.......a minor blues, but actually a happy one......somehow, this one just spoke to me. Tried to do another take, but the feeling was gone I guess. Seem to have made peace with the Boss JS8 for now, and the Epi 335 was a wonderful musical mistress for this track!

So here it is, a one time take, a happy inside, minor blues, but sad notes...sort of like life sometimes, I guess. :icon_whoknows:

Youtube Video here: http://youtu.be/n23HT-b96aY

download/file.php?id=2306
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
ratfinkdan

Re: A Slow Minor Blues In B

Post by ratfinkdan »

Sweet! Very nice, great tone and feel for the bt, I was watching the video, noticing how much your milking out of just a couple of standard blues boxs, I need to do more of that , I use the same boxes as everyone else guess I need to learn how to milk every note that I can out of there before moving to the next box, also really noticed on the last tune I posted , on a slow tune like this you really need to listen to the beat and wait for it, its so easy to jump the beat on a really slow song. Again very nice TB! Dan
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

tytlblues wrote:So here it is, a one time take, a happy inside, minor blues, but sad notes...sort of like life sometimes, I guess.
That's what it is! Relaxed, melodic/melancholic yet not just a sad one. :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Just excelled yourself with this one Tytl - seems like your weekend was great medicine for your soul. :clap: :thumbsup:

Very easy to understand how a repeat attempt might not work - the BT with playing as powerful as this works so well as a total product, but it's very dependant on a particularly powerfully emotive but laid back guitar part - not easy to do every time (or at all)!
I've never heard your Epi sing any sweeter. :drool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Great minor blues! For me the video is quite instructive in this case particularly the way you do bends using LH 3rd finger whereas I use 2nd mostly and 3rd just flobs about being useless!!! Hardly picked up a guitar this year at all until couple of weeks ago. Fingers gone soft and all recording attempts unsatisfactory so far ... but at least the music room build is now progressing after a lot of other higher priority domestic stuff. This forum, visited daily, has continued to provide inspiration throughout all that fortunately. Anyway, great contained sound there tytl, loved it!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Soulful and toneful! :clap: :thumbsup:
The atmosphere you bring with your playing and note choice is very tasty, plus the tone of the Epi is spot on for such a piece.
Well done!! :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Sweet. Youre Epi 335 is singing nice and sweet. The bluse tone is there too, witch is somthing that reminds me about practis that part.
Overall youre feeling is expressed well................... :clap: :thumbsup:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

ratfinkdan wrote: on a slow tune like this you really need to listen to the beat and wait for it, its so easy to jump the beat on a really slow song. Again very nice TB! Dan
Hey Dan, exactly right, and this is what make a slow blues the hardest to play....at least for me, fighting that tendency to rush!
VikingBlues wrote:'ve never heard your Epi sing any sweeter.
Yes, I have been very happy with her lately!
losaavedra wrote:Fingers gone soft and all recording attempts unsatisfactory so far ... but at least the music room build is now progressing after a lot of other higher priority domestic stuff.
Can't wait to here some recordings from you!
MichaelRobinson wrote:Overall youre feeling is expressed well...................
thanks MR.
Tytlblues

BB King
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

While listening :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Wow, that sound... :tears: :tears: Those notes and sweet sweet phrases :tears: :tears:
You just made it onto my mp3 collection Damn Tytl, you stole my musical heart with this one. A.W.E.S.O.M.E
In one giant leap you moved past yourself :pray: :pray: and left us others way, way behind :wave: :clap:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

Everyone's already said what I feel too......just awesome!

Go Aggies!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hope you don't mind Tytl, but I just had to do something with this beautiful track of you, so I forced you into a surprise collab :big_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2444
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! :thumbsup:
Luscious tone and very tasty licks. Excellent job.
It is true that very slow tunes can be the hardest to pull off.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Thank you everybody for the nice comments.....it is a pleasure when a track touches other fine musicians as yourselfs!!!! :bb: :music2: I suppose it lets us know as individuals, that our music is on the right track!
Tytlblues

BB King