Tell Me What It's All About

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
jokron

Tell Me What It's All About

Post by jokron »

Hi!

Long time, no see...

Recorded my first demo with my new toy: Boss GT-100; Tell Me What It's All About

/Jokron
Attachments

Demo
Tell Me What It's All About.mp3 - (5.18 MiB)

I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
VikingBlues

Re: Tell Me What It's All About

Post by VikingBlues »

Very impressive sound quality and good resonances - and a very atmospheric recording too! :clap: :clap: Liked the melodies of the lead guitar playing. :thumbsup:

I believe the GT-100 is a great deal easier to use and set up than its forebears. I did have a GT-8 for a while and was impressed with what it could do but I ended up spending far too much time trying to work out how to get those sounds and realised my playing time was being severely reduced as a result - and that was despite getting the Lick Library Instructional DVD guide. I was surprised how intuitive the Boss BR-80 was that I got quite recently, so maybe current generation Boss is better for ease of use. How did you find the learning curve on the GT-100 was for you?

:welcome: back - I thought when I saw the name on the new thread - it's been several months since I've seen that name.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Good job Jokron, I also have a gt100, have had it for almost a year now. I use mine all the time they work great as a standalone processor direct to a pa or recording setup or as a pedal board in front of your amp, so much stuff that you can do and program, lots of fun! You need to check out boss gt central lots of info there and on youtube check out gr33s videos on programing the gt100 I think they are under extreme videos something like that Glen has some really great stuff there to help you understand the gt100 beast! Sounds good! Dan
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Good job and nice.

There is one thing I miss on the long sustaind notes and that's some vibrato. Vibrato had made it a perfect song..................... :thumbsup: :clap:
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Nice clean rendition. Like the overall tone ... better that I can get out of my 5-year old BR900 but in my case that's probably mostly down to the aging player and a general hatred of manuals! Well done!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
jokron

Post by jokron »

VikingBlues: Thanks! I'm rearranging some old tunes I have written the last 9 years to instrumental composistions, sometimes there's only most of the chord progression left with a completely new melody to it, this is one of them... I have planned to make demos out of about twenty tunes and then choose 12 to work on with. I have never had a Boss multieffect before the GT-100 so I can't tell the difference from earlier versions. I have read about difficulties in managing with just one window, I presume it's a lot easier with two. I haven't had any problems getting into it, I think it's pretty easy to work with...

ratfinkdan: Thanks!

MichaelRobinson: Thanks! I avoided vibrato tones intentionally on this demo, maybe there will be some on the recording later...

losaavedra: Thanks! I don't like manuals - trial and error is da shit, man! :high5:

/Jokron
I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Nicely played and good tone out of the GT-100.
Seems like the tone sounds not overprocessed like some other emulators.
Sounds good ! :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Very nicely played! You should post more often!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
jokron

Post by jokron »

vancouverois: Thanks! I think the GT-100 sounds have more warmth to them than teh Line6 HD-models, but it's probably a matter of my taste and you could shurely tweak the Line6 to good sounds as well. I think I'll stick to the Boss and learn it inside out...

tytlblues: Thanks! Well, as you shurely notice there ain't much blues in this song and that's a fact with about 80% of the 100 tunes I've written so far, so that's one reason why I don't post that much...but on the other hand, Eric plays a lot of different genres too...I'll soon post a rewritten and rearranged version of my tune "Steel Mill Child" ...and that has a bluesy touch to it...

:D

/Jokron