Wheres My Keys

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ratfinkdan

Wheres My Keys

Post by ratfinkdan »

Hey Guys

Day after a busy Thanksgiving, have the day off work, its been pouring rain all day and we stayed a way from the malls, a perfect day to play some blues! This is my take on the old Chicago Blues standard Key to the Hyway, there are a lot of versions of this classic tune out there the one i've been listening to is from Jr Wells with Magic Sam on the guitar, let me know what you think. Wheres My Keys http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12014067

Also posted the backing track that I made for it, if you feel so inclined to take a shot at it post your take on this thread, it would be cool to hear some different interpatations of it, its in the key of A , there is about 11 seconds of silence at the beginning and then 2 bars of drums and it starts on the turn around.
Wheres My Keys backing track http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12014041 enjoy and have fun! Dan
tytlblues

Re: Wheres My Keys

Post by tytlblues »

Hey cool Dan! Great tone, and love that you did the BT yourself! Great job. :chicken: :high5:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very well played and put together - excellent BT too. Always impressed with how much bluesiness you manage to get from such clean tones. :clap: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Thanks guys, I have some cds with backing tracks that I practice with some but I really like to make my own to record with it just makes it more fun to me! A while back I picked up a fender mustang floor fx processor, they came down so much in price I couldn't pass it up. Thats what I used on this one, I think they do the fender amps really good not as many fx as a pod or boss but much simpler to use and I think the reverbs are really good. Glad you guys liked it, thanks! Dan