Burst Bubble Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Burst Bubble Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

Sod this laid back stuff for a lark. :motz:

Burst Bubble Blues: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12000678

Same gear as the last couple of postings.

At 3:14 I got a bit over-enthusiastic and slid off the edge of the fretboard doing vibrato on the 2nd string. :shy:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Burst Bubble Blues

Post by tytlblues »

Oh hey.....it's edgy VB :high5: Sounds like a bit of angst driving this blues car!!! I rally like it :music2: Nice little bluesy grit going on here, also a certain bit of bounce to it also.. Really like it when you get this kind of slight gritty edge to your playing. Nicely done with the BT also, nice climax and then release when the BT quiets down.

Nicely done sir!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

:thumbsup: I like it, very nice tone you have with this gear, good playing too! :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Cheers guys! :D
tytlblues wrote:Oh hey.....it's edgy VB :high5: Sounds like a bit of angst driving this blues car!!!
First time I've felt able to play this way for several weeks! Enjoying it. :big_smile: :dance:
vancouverois wrote:very nice tone you have with this gear
tytlblues wrote: Nicely done with the BT also, nice climax and then release when the BT quiets down.
It's that expressive thing I've been banging on about recently that I'm loving with this set up. It makes things like that climax and release so much easier with no need for bothering about volume controls etc - just allow it to come from the fingers. :banana:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Oh YES !!!
This is hi quality bluse from you. Timing and phrasing is on the spot.. I like it.................. :thumbsup: :clap:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Blues it is ! I love the choice of notes and the way you use them.
The sound is just plain awesome VB
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks MR and HBL for listening and your generous comments. :thumbsup:

I do like where my sound is getting to (on a good day). I suppose I keep changing my gear often enough and eventually there's a combination that has that bit extra to the sound.

I feel I am edging very (frustratingly) slowly towards real blues insted of blues-lite.
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

VB, I lke it a lot, really good job! Yep you got the blues! Dan
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:D Thanks Dan. I need all the encouragement I can get! :thumbsup:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Right on! :thumbsup:
Killer tone. Your dynamics come through that setup pretty well. I also liked the more aggressive, confident way you are attacking the strings. Sounds very good. :clap:
I would say; Blues Approved! :bb: Nice one.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Blindboy - "Blues approved" is where I've been trying to get to for the last 3 years! :thumbsup:
I missed noticing my 12bar 3rd anniversary - joined 7 November 2009. I had intentions of marking it in some way .. oh well. :motz:

Amazing how much the right new gear can help things line tone and dynamics along.
VibroChamp - August, Palmer pedal - September, SH55 pickups - August. :dance:

At least the rest of the Hagstrom and my fingers (and chipped nails) are old stock! All these changes were indirectly triggered by the purchase at the end of June of a cheap SG copy guitar .... which was supposed to be a purchase with a view to upgrading the SG copy .... not upgrading everything else. Strange how things work out :whistle:

I'm hoping that I'll be bowled over by the new Strat pickups and I can then do a similar job on ths vs6 pickups. I fear that the new Strat pickups might not be so beneficial as to make things that clear cut though. The downside of the wonderful SH55s is they've set the bar very high for any future pickup upgrades. :sad:
BlueDayDo

Post by BlueDayDo »

That Hagstrom viking sure is sounding sweet. You really are making it sing the blues. One day I plan on getting a Viking.