A Minor Laid Back Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

A Minor Laid Back Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

A Minor Laid Back Blues : http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11996382

Very Slow Blues. Lead Improv on a Backing Track in Am from the Jamplay teaching site by David Wallimann - "Super Slow Blues". Hagstrom Viking Deluxe with SH55 pickups through Palmer overdrive and clean voicing VibroChamp XD.

Difficult to do a strong enough melodic lead to compete with David Wallimanns rhythm guitar though! It's sort of more like two lead parts twining together (hopefully). :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Ron

Re: A Minor Laid Back Blues

Post by Ron »

Good morning.

Sounds good though! It's nice quiet slow blues.

I can spend hours listening. Sits very close to the smoothest jazz!

greeting
Ron
:oldie:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Hi Ron - thanks for your comments. :D

I hadn't really thought about this ones jazz leanings - sounds silly that I didn't notice! I guess it's not a surprise as jazz was where David Wallimann started his guitar career.

I seem to be in a mood just now for minimal playing and quiet guitar.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Yes it's very laid back blues that could be smoth jazz. It's somewhere in beetwen. (My spelling is ............ :thumbsdown: )
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

MichaelRobinson wrote:Yes it's very laid back blues that could be smoth jazz. It's somewhere in beetwen. (My spelling is ............ :thumbsdown: )
I feel drawn to this sort of slow (and mournful) blues at this time of year. Not keen on the autumn into winter time - grey skies, damp, getting cold etc. - seems to encourage this sort of moody playing. :sad:

I like playing what I think of as "Jazz-lite" and my blues tends to be "Blues-lite" so this recording sort of combines the two. Though maybe it can lead to a case of the worst of both get combined. :icon_whoknows:

BTW - Don't worry about your spelling. I have enough difficulties and it's my native language. :D
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Sorry VB, :yikes:

Never replied on this....went to sound click to listen then never came back here. As usual, a very nice melodic sense, and really nice tone. This one seems to have a bit of pent up emotion to it!! Nice and soothing, and you always keep if laid back......... :clap: :clap:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Tytl. :D

I felt it needed kept laid back to avoid treading all over David Wallimanns fine rhythm guitar work. But for all it's laid back i felt an emotive aspect came from the BT and I'm glad you felt I got some pent up emotion from it - certainly what i was trying for. :phew: