Foolin' Around

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
LzyBlue

Foolin' Around

Post by LzyBlue »

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Been a very hectic year with work and family health issues. As much as I like listening to y'all and try to get ideas, I figured it was about time I put something up. So here is a little bit I put together using a cheap Squire Tele thru my Blues Jr. Hope you enjoy.

beIWqc5VFJM

Not too long ago, I was visiting the local Guitar Center and found this Squire Tele. I started playing around with it and it played pretty nice for its price range. It is a cheap buy ($139 from Guitar Center). I replaced the pups with Fender SCNs ($99 on sale) and the tuning heads with Fender locking tuners ($40). So for $278 I have a good playing and fairly decent sounding Tele. What do you think?

The sound quality is not great. I recorded the track using a Cannon digital camera. I wasn't set up through the mixer, so the sound is from that camera.

I started the track with a quick little loop with a Boss RC-3 using just a bit of Reverb. For the lead, I turned off the Reverb and Started the Boss Delay and added in a little OD with the Boss Blues Driver. I think this made for an interesting sound.

All opinions welcome.
VikingBlues

Re: Foolin' Around

Post by VikingBlues »

You wouldn't think your description of "cheap Squier Tele" and the sound coming from a Camcorder that it would be as good to the ears as this. :thumbsup:
Played with beatiful vibrato - the notes sustain well and you've done exactly what you said - ceated an interesting sound. :clap:

I'd have liked to have heard the real sound you got in your room - the video suggests it would be very good indeed.

Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough year - I can tell you for sure I don't want another year like 2012 - here's hoping that 2013 will be a good one. :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Foolin' Around

Post by 12bar »

Sounds really great - and a perfect combo with the Blues jr. :thumbsup:
The loop playing is also wonderful relaxed... :clap: