This Isn't Democracy - solo acoustic slide guitar

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
CarsickPhil

This Isn't Democracy - solo acoustic slide guitar

Post by CarsickPhil »

Dear all

This is my first go at singing and playing blues simultaneously. Little wobbly on both fronts, but I got there. It's a topical piece, which I hope will entertain and, possibly, change of the democracy for the better across all the countries of the world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7yrDAVEpa4

Thoughts welcome. Playing and singing at the same time is hard. Anything to make it easier and better would be good.

Cheers

Phil
tytlblues

Re: This Isn't Democracy - solo acoustic slide guitar

Post by tytlblues »

Well, I have always been a sucker for slide guitar :music2: Great job, both singing, and playing....and the truth!! Save me a seat down at the crossroads! :dance:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Re: This Isn't Democracy - solo acoustic slide guitar

Post by VikingBlues »

Well said .... well sung! :clap:

I'll put singing and playing at the same time right up there in difficulty with writing two different things with each hand at the same time. Plus trying to remember the words doesn't help. :wall:

I have a liking for Frank Zappas definition of Government. "The entertainment division of the Industrial-Military Complex".

Unfortunately whatever form of government you have will fail on one important count. It will be run by people. And on that depressing note .... :away:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!