Familiar Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Familiar Blues

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

My youngest on is besides herself, a friend decided to quit and stepped out of life.
I can tell you it influences a parents feeling.

So I took the easy way out and played a for me familiar Blues song once again.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11962544

First Lady, Okko and Cybie teaming up
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Re: Familiar Blues

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I'm so sorry to read that a friend of youre youngest left life. I'm sorry.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Played with feeling and I can well understand why. Your guitars understand how you feel on this I think.

It's a terrible thing to happen and these sort of things do make it very tough being a parent - it's very easy to end up feeling helpless in these situations.

I hope your youngest manages to come to some sort of terms with it all soon.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:My youngest on is besides herself, a friend decided to quit and stepped out of life.
I can tell you it influences a parents feeling.
OMG, I don't even want to think about it. Don't know what I would do then.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

What a ghastly situation HBL ... and how dreadful for all concerned, family and friends...... and indeed your own daughter.

I do hope some form of counselling is available at the school/ college. This wil be a tough time for a lot of people.

Lovely piece of music - thanks for posting :thumbsup: Just so sad it was trggered by such an awful situation.
How sad life can be sometimes.

Of course you can call the track what you wish .......but just a pointer, the version of "to" you are using is the wrong one in this context
Its should be "too"
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It is something where you have to doublecheck each and every answer to a question.
How about : "Some say it was selfish of him to take his own life ? " Think it over...
My way of answering that one was by pointing out at least two views. There is no one single answer to such a question.
For starters think of his situation ,the train driver, his kin etc.

I don't think counceling is in order Strummer, Even my youngest one already had her share of losses. He wasn't a real close friend, but close enough.
Besides In my youth I had some training in how to handle situations like this, the method still works.
Tomorrow may be a difficult day again (funeral).

I'll keep a close eye.

To myself it's a deja vu. back when my son was 16 we both had to fetch a girl from the rails. I still believe back then it was a cry for help in stead of a genuine attempt. Anyway, last monday night I fetched her again and again, at least a dozen time. At least I got her every time.

At least friday evening I have a rehearsal scheduled, so I can play it out.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Hi Hbl, been away from the board for awhile. Sorry for your families grief, and hope things are better. Best wishes to you and your family.

Tom
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King