Lazy Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Lazy Blues

Post by Blindboy »

Foolin' around with the Line6 widget and the computer machine... :whistle:
My wife has been out of town for a week now, and this blues represents how I miss her...
This is the 1952 Gibson ES 125 through the same Line6 settings as the previous post.
download/file.php?id=2255
I have the BT if anyone is interested in doing a collab.
Playing into the computer is a bit intimidating for me (much like playing live might be for some of y'all), but my wife is out of the state for another couple of days, so I have a window of opportunity to use the computer for music. If anyone wants to play a collab, let me know and I will post up this BT.
Attachments

Lazy Blues.mp3 - (3.39 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

Re: Lazy Blues

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Nice done.

Yes I would like to do a collab IF I could play as good as you. My style missfit in that perspective so I dont think I am able to match the better player in this forum
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:My wife has been out of town for a week now, and this blues represents how I miss her...
There's a yearning quality comes across in the improv that tells that story. If my better-half was away for a week I think I'd be pining away big time. :sad: There's a feeling in your playing here that there's no random notes - that they're all played with high regard for the BT. Beautiful recording that's gone straight to my hard drive. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Blindboy wrote:This is the 1952 Gibson ES 125 through the same Line6 settings as the previous post.
The Line 6 Widget is letting guitar tones through it's modelling process - as well as playing dynamics - that's apparent from the two recordings. :thumbsup:
Blindboy wrote:Playing into the computer is a bit intimidating for me (much like playing live might be for some of y'all), but my wife is out of the state for another couple of days, so I have a window of opportunity to use the computer for music. If anyone wants to play a collab, let me know and I will post up this BT.
"much like playing live might be for some of y'all" .... oh yes indeed - BIG time intimidating as far as VB is concerned!! :yikes:
On the subject of intimidating I'll put myself up for a collab .... it's a very good BT and I need to give myself a big challenge every so often. :cool:
Last edited by VikingBlues on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
crispblues

Post by crispblues »

So much emotion in that track, i even had to show the wife! I need to get recording onto here....
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Thats the real deal there!! Excellent playing and tone and emotion, sweet!! Dan
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

:thumbsup: :clap: Indeed a good one, excellent tone ! :thumbsup: :clap:
It reminds me a bit "From the craddle", I guess both for the playing and the tone.
Well done!

About a collab, like VB said a challenge is sometimes welcome, so count me in.
But lets keep in mind there will be a huge difference :lol:
Jan 15th 2007
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sorry guys... It seem's that I deleted the BT after I finalized the recording. :shy: As I went through a lot of BT's that evening, I can't remember which one it was. :wall:
Anyway, I'm glad y'all liked it. My wife will be back tonight :clap: :dance: , so I won't be recording very often. I will keep posting any that I do that might be interesting, though. :music2:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

:cool: oh my,,,,,, played like a pro :music2: not sure what i can add that has not been said! Yes, you do not post enough home recordings...... A trend you must change!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
CarsickPhil

Post by CarsickPhil »

I think what distinguishes this piece is the way in which it progresses with the emotion building and the way you manage to squeeze some emotional content out of each note. This is the blues. All the best, Phil