Champ sound 1... but..

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Champ sound 1... but..

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

The first sound demo of my new-used Superchamp is a decieving one :big_smile:
While plaing a little with the Champ downstairs, I noticed that (as expected) all the comments about the 10 inch speaker where right on spot.
Besides that, I heard a little harsness in the treble part of the sound and knew what was to be done :cool:

I connected the champ to the Kitty hawks 12 inch celestion speaker after I exchanged the Fender 12AX7 by a Mullard ECC3 tube.
Welllll That did a trick or two :dance:

Here is a sounddemo using my Despair backing, First Lady and a quick jam Using the Champs channel 1 (Blackface), no voice and just a little reverb from the internal FX.

download/file.php?id=2217
Attachments

Schamp-mullardEcc83-kittyspk.mp3 - (2.34 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Champ sound 1... but..

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Forget about the phasing wobbly sound in the begining, I had the amps and mic to close to my audio speakers :shy:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

That sounds like the HBL / First Lady tones to me .... very nice!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can well understand the larger Celection speaker would help a lot and I seem to recall that Mullard Tubes are available from respectable vendors but there are fakes out there? Which I guess tells us the genuine ones are well worth finding.

Anyway - sounds like it's a piece of gear that suits you well ... congrats. :clap: :amp: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Congrats - a very clean, beautiful sound. As if it's standing next to me, very natural. :thumbsup:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks VB, I'm affraid though the Mullard is going to get pulled and the JJ tube stays in. In Cybie the mullard is near to perfect in pos 2 and a JJ in pos 1, get rid of the high spikes I sometimes have to filter out after playing a little :yikes: loud during recording. Watch for the next demo, it will be with a JJ 12AX7

Gerd, thanks, I do like this little cheap amp, got to say I'm a bit spoiled with Cybie's voicing so for now only 2 or three voicing come near to what I want to hear, the rest is just a bit to much and strangly enough sounding flat.
Anyway, I didn't buy the amp for it's 2nd channel, that was an extra to me.

I have some spare wood, so I''m gonna build a nice cab for the little champ.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Well..... new toys are always a nice thing to play with :lefty:

Congrates i see the samples comming :whistle:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....