Band jam during rehearsal.

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Band jam during rehearsal.

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

As most of you will know, I'm playing in a (rehearsal only) band.
The main reason was I wanted to play with people and start on faster stuff.
Well, during rehearsal there are always some jams going on. Most of the time nothing is recorded.
Last time however our keys player was recording and the jams got on there to. (Yeah, I forgot all about the Micro BR in my guitar case.... :wall: )

Anyway, if I remember well we where going to play it hurts me to, but keys started doing a real nice slooowwww song.
HBL wouldn't be HBL if he'd let that pass so I feell in, as did the drums and bass.

Our lady singers says she's going to do just something with the lyrics and off we went :) :lefty:
Great fun we had :banana: :dance:

When the keyboard player send us the recordings this jam struck me, not because it's perfect or flawless. It's a far cry from that, but I loved the feel of the jam and the fact that you can hear things falling in place during the jam.
after a week or so I asked if they would mind if I'd put the jam up on soundclick and they didn't :dance:

Here it is, Jam 4 :wink: see what you think

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11904487
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Band jam during rehearsal.

Post by VikingBlues »

There is a strong feel that the whole band is interacting well - as you put it "things started to fall into place". I can hear the music come into focus. :clap: :clap:

The interplay between guitar and vocal works very well - and there is a very vocal quality to your guitar lines that helps that to happen.

This quality does put me in mind of the feel that comes over in the multiple live studio takes of "Need Your Love So Bad" on the Fleetwood Mac revised tracks "Pious Bird of Good Omen" album. Always a pleasure to hear real vocal quality to a guitar lead, and it's not that common to hear it. :pray:

I do feel pangs of missing out on having this sort of experience playing live with other people when I hear something like this - I can appreciate how great it must feel when all the band members sort of gel into one like on this jam - but I'm just basically too anti-social, so it doesn't bug me for too long!

Look forward to hearing future snippets. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

HBL, man that sounds really good, you got to love those moments when the band is just jaming and everything just starts coming togeather, thats when the magic starts happening!! Sounds really good especially for a unplaned jam. I really want to get a garage blues band togeather, keep tring to find the right people, one of these days. Very cool!! Dan
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Like i sad before, this one goes in the book as one of the best....

I really like this way of blues playing :thumbsup: and a + for the band :clap: :clap:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Ron

Post by Ron »

HBL

That sounds perfect!
And a delicious raw blues voice makes it all complete.

greet

Ron
  : oldie:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey folks, sorry for responding so late... The flu got the best of me. It seems to be wearing off slowly, still when I climb the stairs I get that amazing feeling in my head.....

Thanks for all the great comments.
I hope next time we get the hang of it when the songs starts and hold that until it finishes ;)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Whoa, that is a nice track!! got some real soul :D That vocalist has it going on, that's for sure!! Some nice playing there HBL :music2:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

A soulful one, very nice! :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007