I'd rather... plus synth

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

I'd rather... plus synth

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ok, A short while ago I got me that Roland guitar synth and felt it was about time to try and use it while playing against a backing track,
I screwed up the timing here and there but overall I tend to like the result sound wise.
I got to get myself to play the guitar... mhh cleanly. The Roland starts to puke/misbehave :) If I get sloppy

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9404253
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: I'd rather... plus synth

Post by VikingBlues »

Thats very good HBL - I like the multi layered arrangement with the different instruments playing off each other, and the way you can play the guitar synth in a way that suits the instrument it's imitating.

And the icing on the cake is we still get the real (I assume) Tokai Strat as well.

It sounds very like a piece put together by a lot of different (skilled) musicians. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:cool: COOOOOL .... HBL. I think that sound is great :thumbsup: I am very partial to trumpet !!!! I can't believe that the synth can do all that. I am curious... how much is you playing through the synthesizer and how much is backing track? It makes a very interesting composition. Super job... I bet you had a blast putting that together. :clap:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

You're really pushing the envelope here, HBL. That is really, really interesting stuff to listen to. I'm like Golfxzq - I had trouble sort backing track from you playing. I think I'm just used to hearing one person playing one guitar. A full orchestra (or just several instruments) confuses my ear. But it's a very, very impressive accomplishment. It's going to be very interesting to see where you go with this. Wherever it is, we will be with you.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thank you all :)
I'm so sorry it took me a while to get back and answer (poor busy HBL)... and yet the proper answers will have to wait... sssst it's my birthday today (51) and I sneaked out for a short while :dance:
I'll be back rsn Hans

/
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

*******************************...........Happy Birthday, Hans...........**********************************
Hope it's been a great day for you. :clap: :beer:

Jim
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANS :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap:

....................................... :high5: :beer: :high5: .......................................
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks you MJ and VB, I had a fantastic day :)
Strummer07

Boogie On !!

Post by Strummer07 »

Belated ....

Happy Birthday Hans

at 51 !! .... a mere :chicken:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:D Thanks Strummer
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Happy belated birthday HBL! After fifty you can celebrate for a week if you still have the energy! (Don't know who makes up these rules). Guess that makes you a vintage '59?