Ghost in my shell

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
CarsickPhil

Ghost in my shell

Post by CarsickPhil »

Dear all

I've just made a song in which I moan about work and would welcome feedback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHTFLTdAIg

I tried giving it a raw feel with just one guitar track, one voice/harmonica track and one percussion track. I also had a go at singing in a higher register than usual following feedback on earlier attempts. Please offer your frank opinions on whether these developments work and where to concentrate my efforts next.

If you would like me to comment on one of your songs, then please point me towards the relevant post.

Cheers

Phil
losaavedra

Re: Ghost in my shell

Post by losaavedra »

Nice contemporary blues! Works! Maybe thump up the percussion a bit and (possibly) stick a bit of overdrive on the harp. Tells a story an' that's what the blues is all about ... nice one.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
VikingBlues

Re: Ghost in my shell

Post by VikingBlues »

I like the way there's an individual style(and nice quirkiness) to your songs. :thumbsup:

As already said - there's a story being told too - which makes for a good blues.

Nice slide and harp - very bluesey. :clap:

BTW - I thought the higher register vocal sounds fine - but then I didn't have a problem with listening to your earlier lower register singing either. :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!