Band F

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Band F

Post by VikingBlues »

So - it;s been a bit quiet here. Just 6 recordings posted in the last 16 days. Partly my fault - over a month since I did one (excluding the - as yet - unfinished collab). Also about time I posted a blues. :roll:

Pete Anderson BT (Guitar Centre's King of the Bluse 2009) - Big Band Blues. In F. Humbuckers to the left and right - a change from VB and his P90 preference.

download/file.php?id=2024

As always, interested to hear any thoughts. :think:

One other thing I'd be interested in guys. Starts with a guitar panned left for about a minute and a half - then a different one panned right till just short of 3 minutes, Back to the first one till just at the end when both play. What is of interest is any thoughts on the comparative tones of the left and right panned guitars. :icon_whoknows:
Attachments

Blues Improv in F. Pete Anderson BT.
Band F.mp3 - (3.68 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Band F

Post by 12bar »

While the tone may need a bit more boost for a big band feeling, your playing is just great! :pray:
I especially love the points where the rhythm stops and you play alone, still in time when the rhythm sets in again. :clap:
Pena

Post by Pena »

That was nice VB :thumbsup: , you and the big band joined together well.
As for me, I kinda liked the tone.
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks guys - thanks for listening and encouraging me. :thumbsup:

I'm in guitar sound territory I've not been used to in recent months - humbuckers. And I'm trying to make my mind up if there's much difference / much quality difference between the two guitars on this recording - panned left and right. One is twice the price level of the other. Whatever ... I feel the cheaper one is doing well in tone per £.

I've realised that this recording is an attempt on a BT I have already posted here - some 18 months ago. "Big and Banned" I called it. I seem to have kept a similar approach to the general improv style / melodic thoughts. Though I think it's true to say the earlier version was much more polite.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=672&p=5359&hilit=bi ... nned#p5359

In any event I'm happy to be enjoying the guitar playing again after a bit of an indifferent spell of time. :dance:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Nice playing VB, I agree with Gerd, A little more gain would work wonders in this one.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Nice playing, VB. I'v tryed to play the same song but I couldent find any rythmic feeling inside my self.
Good job :thumbsup: