Collab of Jazz club BT

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Collab of Jazz club BT

Post by VikingBlues »

Hi guys - there's been some interest in a collab on the BT I used for my recent "See You, See Me, C Jazz Club" upload
This thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1916

It may sound quite "Jazz" but it lends itself to bluesy and pentatonic quite nicely.

Gerd is already in for this one. Room for at least two others. There's four sections of about 45 seconds each in the BT as it is - gives enough time to say something and use some variation.

If there's more than two more members wanting to join in I might be able to try to extend the BT by a bit of copy and paste work - I'll try and do that if necessary.

Anyone wanting in please PM me and I'll send you a link for the BT - and I'll do a post here sorting out times for the sections of the BT for each person.

I'm assuming Gerd will be first up.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
VikingBlues

Re: Collab of Jazz club BT

Post by VikingBlues »

**STILL ONE PLACE OPEN**

0:00 - 0:47 : 12bar
0:47 - 1:33 : HBL
1:33 - 2:18 : VB
2:18 - 3:08 : ?????
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:0:00 - 0:47 : 12bar
That's OK :dance:
Pena

Post by Pena »

Aaaah, really waiting for this collab :drool:
All that I know and understand about jazz, is that I can't eat it :whistle: ... but I listen it very fluently :lol:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

My very first jazz attempt, not very comfortable but posted anyway. Played while watching football, so not really concentrated. :whistle:
Maybe I can give it another try next week.

download/file.php?id=1984
Attachments

12bar_1
12bar_part1_C_Jazz.mp3 - (1.5 MiB)

vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Email sent.
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:Email sent.
... and received.

** Last place now filled. ** :dance:

2:18 - 3:08 : VC

No hurry everyone - I'll not be on line next week and have no chance of doing my section this week.
12bar wrote:My very first jazz attempt, not very comfortable but posted anyway. Played while watching football, so not really concentrated. :whistle:
Maybe I can give it another try next week.
Like the tone. :thumbsup: Sounds very musical to me and wonderfully laid back - very nuch look forward to hearing a more concentrated version if it can be even better.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:Like the tone. :thumbsup:
The tone was the hardest thing, still too much distorted for pure jazz. The default jazz settings (only a few) of my Gearbox all have too low volume (yes, the Win 7 problem), so I added a screamer to get more power.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:The tone was the hardest thing, still too much distorted for pure jazz. The default jazz settings (only a few) of my Gearbox all have too low volume (yes, the Win 7 problem), so I added a screamer to get more power.
Computer + Windows + Guitar Recording = Problems. A formula that's right up there with E=mc². Also it seems to be a problem with a lot of gear that has presets - the distorted sound presets burst your eardrums with volume and the clean sounds can only be heard after turning the volume to maximum. :wall:

I've received VCs part 4 (and I like it :clap: ), and I've had a go at part 3. I'm too relaxed after my holiday though - can't get into anything at the moment other than staring blankly into space and sleeping! :yawn:

This is not fully mixed / balanced etc - I will leave that until all parts are in.
download/file.php?id=1997

1:33 - 2:18 : VB ........ Done
2:18 - 3:08 : VC ........ Done

Be interesting to see how this turns out .... good luck guys. :thumbsup:
Attachments

Jazz Club in C Collab_VB and VC only
JazzClubInC_Collab__VB_VC.mp3 - (1.55 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Just use my first try - the last line6 update ("strongly recommended") crashed and left my toneport in an "unstable state". :wall:

It downloads the update, runs the updater, tells me there's a new update to download, downloads and installs, loads, tells me there's a new update and so on. :tease:

Meanwhile I'm playing with my new Samplitude DAW (bought for my kids, but... :big_smile: )
Not easy to handle, too much options. It'll take some time!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:Just use my first try
Will do .... Have done! :thumbsup:

0:00 - 0:47 : 12bar .... Done
1:33 - 2:18 : VB ........ Done
2:18 - 3:08 : VC ........ Done

12bar wrote:the last line6 update ("strongly recommended") crashed and left my toneport in an "unstable state". :wall:

It downloads the update, runs the updater, tells me there's a new update to download, downloads and installs, loads, tells me there's a new update and so on. :tease:
Sorry to hear this. THAT is the sort of thing gets my stress levels WAY too high. :wall: :motz: I like the "if it ain't broke why fix it" approach - but nothing on my PC seems to work on that basis any more - everything is continually updating itself. For the perils of continual upgrades you only need to look at the problems a lot of Royal Bank of Scotland, Nat West Bank and Ulster Bank customers have had the last week due to a bank software upgrade glitch - not knowing their account balance, transactions not showing up on the account, automatic payments not being made, wages not being paid, etc. The bank branches have even been open at the weekend trying to sort out their customers problems.

I recall Line6 that has the "monkey" thing that is used to install / analyse the software etc I remember getting into a loop with that and spending days trying to get the software and the Line 6 Monkey to work together properly a few years back when I had a Line 6 interface. :think:
12bar wrote:Meanwhile I'm playing with my new Samplitude DAW (bought for my kids, but... :big_smile: )
Not easy to handle, too much options. It'll take some time!
If that's Magix Samplitude Music Studio 16 I might be able to suggest some answers to queries (I'm not what you'd call a power user!) .... if it's Samplitude Pro however I'll just :away:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:For the perils of continual upgrades you only need to look at the problems a lot of Royal Bank of Scotland, Nat West Bank and Ulster Bank customers have had the last week due to a bank software upgrade glitch - not knowing their account balance, transactions not showing up on the account, automatic payments not being made, wages not being paid, etc.
:yikes: Sounds like the nightmare of every admin...
VikingBlues wrote:I recall Line6 that has the "monkey" thing that is used to install / analyse the software etc I remember getting into a loop with that and spending days trying to get the software and the Line 6 Monkey to work together properly a few years back when I had a Line 6 interface. :think:
That's exactly what happened - told me an update is available (first thought it might fix some of my problems), started upload and - see above.
VikingBlues wrote:If that's Magix Samplitude Music Studio 16 I might be able to suggest some answers to queries (I'm not what you'd call a power user!) .... if it's Samplitude Pro however I'll just :away:
Thanks - I might open another thread for that. All I currently want is the band-in-a-box (BIAB) feature where you can enter chords and it plays some arpeggios over it with some rhythm. BIAB is great but the screen layout is horrible outdated.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

12bar wrote:
VikingBlues wrote:For the perils of continual upgrades you only need to look at the problems a lot of Royal Bank of Scotland, Nat West Bank and Ulster Bank customers have had the last week due to a bank software upgrade glitch - not knowing their account balance, transactions not showing up on the account, automatic payments not being made, wages not being paid, etc.
More likely like outsourcing :icon_whoknows:
VikingBlues wrote:I recall Line6 that has the "monkey" thing that is used to install / analyse the software etc I remember getting into a loop with that and spending days trying to get the software and the Line 6 Monkey to work together properly a few years back when I had a Line 6 interface. :think:
I started to encounter glitches and problems with the Line 6 stuff when I first had Win7, two years and a half ago.
What is really surprising and desapointing is that since then there still are some problems with Line 6 and Win7.
Many other audio devices vendors went through the Win 7 incompatibilities and successfully wrote their drivers
and code. I don't know what happened at Line6 about Win7 but it sounds almost ridiculous, especially when Win 7
is on the market for more than 3 years.
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

vancouverois wrote:I started to encounter glitches and problems with the Line 6 stuff when I first had Win7, two years and a half ago.
What is really surprising and desapointing is that since then there still are some problems with Line 6 and Win7.
Many other audio devices vendors went through the Win 7 incompatibilities and successfully wrote their drivers
and code. I don't know what happened at Line6 about Win7 but it sounds almost ridiculous, especially when Win 7
is on the market for more than 3 years.
:beer: That's exactly what I thought. The reaction on my post in their forum was completely disappointing - "it's Microsoft, they changed something!" :wall: :motz:
Anyway, I'm going way OT here. :whistle:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:
12bar wrote:
More likely like outsourcing :icon_whoknows:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18607169
Per paragraphs 10-12 of the linked news report - seems like the Treasury Committee are thinking down the same lines.
12bar wrote:
VikingBlues wrote:If that's Magix Samplitude Music Studio 16 I might be able to suggest some answers to queries (I'm not what you'd call a power user!) .... if it's Samplitude Pro however I'll just :away:
Thanks - I might open another thread for that. All I currently want is the band-in-a-box (BIAB) feature where you can enter chords and it plays some arpeggios over it with some rhythm. BIAB is great but the screen layout is horrible outdated.
Hmmm - seems like you're losing me already! :alright: Didn't know there was this function. Then again, I can't even get something as basic as the Soundpool samples to work - the onboard manager doesn't see the samples despite the fact they're installed. TBH mostly I just use Samplitude Music Studio 16 for its multi-track recording functions.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

RESULT - HERE IS A FINISHED VERSION :banana:

download/file.php?id=2026

Thanks to everyone for their contributions - I've enjoyed hearing the three very different interpretations to mine. :thumbsup:
2:18 - 3:08 : VC

Not written in stone - the majority of the players on this having expressed reservations about their contributions. Anyone wanting to update their segment later just send me the amended part and I can update it.
Attachments

Final Version of Jazz Club in C Collab
JazzClubInC_Collab_1.mp3 - (2.93 MiB)

Last edited by VikingBlues on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks for mixing! :banana:

All contributions go pretty much well together, different yes, but similar style. I'm not too unhappy with my part, better than I first thought.

As a long time collab - what about doing a public domain Blues classics album built from scratch? Maybe we can activate vocal, harps, drums, ... :banana:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

12bar

Yes. Youre idea about an album seems ok to me but there is a problem with the distance beetwen all members. How to solve the problem ? How to find drummers, vocalist etc ? How to involve a studio so members can be in the studio ? I don't have a clue to solve all problems that has to be solved to make youre idea be reality.
Do you, 12bar, have any soulutions to this ?

BUT; ofcourse it would be overvelming to be on a CD. From nobody to a CD guitarist. Thats somthing extraordenary.
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

The result of the collab is intresting with all different styles. Nice job, you have done. :thumbsup: :clap:
MsKing

Post by MsKing »

:clap: Ha Ha! you boys have been busy, that's sounds great defo a :thumbsup: from me keep em coming fun fun fun!
Lolbluesx