This is what I want

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

This is what I want

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Doubts, second thoughts, musical standstil, lack of creativity :sad:

I just didn't understand what was happening to me, HBL not playing for days, even full weeks. WTF :wall:
What came out was rubbish.
This has been going on for weeks now, maybe even months. And let's be clear about it. that is not me, no way. What is the cause :think: .
I came to the conclusion that part of it is the fact that I'm playing in a band and not feeling too good about my performance there. The reason is clear, I'm playing up tempo stuff with maybe 2 slowblues. songs to play are pooring in, way to fast for my taste. But hell you can't stop the band for one member, can't you ?

Time to fight my way through and start playing for little old me again. I entered a Blues to be as a song for the band to play and decided to have a stab at it.
Damn.... I have been at a standstil waaaay to long. sounds like... :wall: :eye_rub: :yikes: but anyway.

Trying to get back in the saddle for both myself and the band and hoping I don't have to choose, cause I know who'll win. I love them slowblues way to much....

Here it is. sounds like even First lady is angry at me.

download/file.php?id=1929
Attachments

This is what I want.mp3 - (10.96 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ratfinkdan

Re: This is what I want

Post by ratfinkdan »

Halfblind sounds good, nothin wrong with that. I know the feeling, think we all go through it at different times, been feeling some of it myself lately. I think I'm just tired of playing by myself, need to get with some other folks, just haven't found the guys who want to play blues! Don't worry you'll come out sounding better than ever! Hang in there. Dan
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Me too know what you mean with lack of creativity. I have the same problem and don't want to play any moore. I have to many problems on my hand to be able to concentrate on playing. I wait and play att the momemts I want to play. I don't push my self to much and I hope you don't.

Regarding the song is it, in my ears, same HBL. Keep that in mind that you can't loose you're skill, it's just taking a rest.
The song is OK. Nothing wrong. Good piece of playing. :thumbsup:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I wondered what happened to HBL lately - too quit...
Now I know and from what I can hear - it's great that you still sound 100 % HBL. You've lost nothing. :clap:

I know that when it gets too fast I'm not able to improvise anymore. I can learn a run at decent speed, but it's not me playing, and I think this it what you feel - outside the comfort zone. If it's not your kind of music, and if you can't get comfortable with it, you should look for another band. You might try playing faster, maybe it works, but don't ruin your style.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I too was wondering about how things had gone so quiet on the posts of HBL music on the forum here.
As said by other posters - this is still the HBL style we know and love :pray: - so at least the skills are still there even if they're not being used as often as you would like.

Very difficult to know what to do in this situation. One of the things that makes playing in a group so difficult is that the music that a band plays will inevitably have to involve at least some of the members of the band compromising on what they would like to play. Sometimes this can be too much of a compromise to make the band an enjoyable experience.

I hope you manage to find a way through the situation to regain your creativity and musical happiness. :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MsKing

Post by MsKing »

Hey honey, love your playing vocals of encourgement
Lolblues x
download/file.php?id=1932
Attachments

this is what i want vocals 1(1).mp3 - (2.22 MiB)

HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Lolblues1 wrote:Hey honey, love your playing vocals of encourgement
Lolblues x
download/file.php?id=1932
Thanks so muck LolBLues :) that was realy good and a awesome heads-up.
If you've happend to record the vocaltrack on a seperate track and don't mind, send it over and I'll adjust my track so I'm more in the background or silent when you sing.

I just love your addition :clap: :thumbsup:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks for the kind and uplifting words all, it's always good to now I've got some friends here that care.

ok, I canceled my participation for next saturday, to give my wrist a little rest. I've been playing barre chords far to much and now.... well.. :tears: :naughty:
I'm using the rest period to try and work on some stuff I've got in mind for quite a while. It just wouldn't flow out of my hands lately.
I won't be quitting the band. It was my choice to play different stuff to amd still stand behind my choice, I'll just have to balance things out better.

I've got material for some bluesy, some 80's rock and a psychadelic thingie. Let's see what happens.

:lefty:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:I just love your addition :clap: :thumbsup:
Me, too! :dance:
Looks you're in a new band now... :big_smile:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:high5: yup :high5:

Mhh the all new keyboard player just send an Email.... he's out.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ok, I did a quick remix/remaster after LolBlues send me her vocals track (thanks for that)

This should be more in balance, enjoy

download/file.php?id=1934
Attachments

This is what I want - LolBlues.mp3 - (5.99 MiB)

2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

HBL like i sad earlyer on mail, whats going on, but then again i know that youre sometime a bit quiet.
Now i know more.
You sad i do some other things and i'm less on line.
Well the other band was also not youre style and that brings you down also so think hard this days...
You can play the guitar so beautifull and it must be very nice to have a band to play with, but than again it must be in youre style....

You cant move a old try theye say, so think again, ...harder

it's have 2 ways, theye slower or...

When i listen to blues to be i can hear in the first notes it's something from HBL, it is a some kind of trademark of you, dont give that away.
Don't lose the fun it's killing after some time....

Stil like this song, it Hans in a 100% ahind his guitar :wink:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks my friend :)
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

I joined a band once, we were initially two guitarists, a bass player and a drummer.
We worked some songs, it was an approximate work but it sounded not so bad, we had good times
and that was the most important.

Then, a singer joined and also a keyboard, they both liked different styles and we started to
musically accomodate almost everyone in this band...
After a while I prefered to quit, it became too much of an hassle, and on the topmost we were
going nowhere. I mean it was like some musical dead end.

After all this time, I still think it was the best thing to do. Sometimes it reminds me of trying a
new guitar, if the passion doesn't come in the first minutes then it means something is missing.

Very nice Lolblues vocals, they really fit well with your playing. :clap: :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

I love the tune and the soulful playing and I even jammed along to it. :cool:
I love it even more with the added vocal contribution.
Well done. :thumbsup:
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

I love this!!!!!

HBL's original playing was great. But the addition of LolBlues' vocal totally transformed it into something really special.

Terrfic stuff. We have many fantastic influences on the forum right now. I appreciate them all.
Last edited by MojoJim on Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

That final remix is very special - soulful guitar and soulful singing - a great, great combination. :pray: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Lolblues - beautiful idea to add these vocals - hope this helps to rekindle HBLs spirits as the forum benefits so much from his guidance, help, enthusiasm, and wonderful guitar playing. :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!