Some electric blues for you

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
bluesfreek

Some electric blues for you

Post by bluesfreek »

My blues trio jamming in the garage. :wink:

tGY2YdrzhH4

gabxy4nSBQ0
ratfinkdan

Re: Some electric blues for you

Post by ratfinkdan »

Hey Bluesfreek, my favorite style of Blues good ol Chicago Style, good job. First one had a lot of Otis Rush sound in there, liked it. Dan
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

ratfinkdan wrote:Hey Bluesfreek, my favorite style of Blues good ol Chicago Style, good job. First one had a lot of Otis Rush sound in there, liked it. Dan
Thanks Dan! Here's another one!

G4ZnZAxATA0
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Thanks Bluesfreek, I love that song Little by Little, you guys have a great sound, I love that chicago blues sound! Would love to find a few guys to get togeather with to just play blues with, one of these days. Hey I did a little recording of little by little a while back, its on page 6 its titled just a little, I played it a little slower and a bit mellower, give it a listen if you get a chance. Do you have an audience in your garage, with the crowd noises it sounds like you are in a club or something. Dan
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

ratfinkdan wrote:Thanks Bluesfreek, I love that song Little by Little, you guys have a great sound, I love that chicago blues sound! Would love to find a few guys to get togeather with to just play blues with, one of these days. Hey I did a little recording of little by little a while back, its on page 6 its titled just a little, I played it a little slower and a bit mellower, give it a listen if you get a chance. Do you have an audience in your garage, with the crowd noises it sounds like you are in a club or something. Dan
Hi Dan,

I am glad you enjoyed Little By Little. Thanks for the kind words again. We are just some old guys who like to get together and jam the blues every week for fun. That recording was actually done at a jam in the garage using a cheap boom box cassette recorder with a built in microphone. Since the recording had such a bootleg quality to it I decided to upload it to my PC and using Audacity free software to tweak the sound a little and add reverb to give it a more "live" sound. The "live audience" was added later from some free sound effect MP3's I downloaded off the internet...:wink:

I will certainly take a listen to your version of Little By Little. Thanks!
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

WOW, this is great!!!! I really like "Can't be satisfied" yes, you guys definitely have an enviable gig going there. So many of us I'm sure wish we had a group to play with. The boom box recording quality as you say, really does give it kind of a old days sound.......sort of like a "newly recovered lost recordings of XXXXXXXXX" thought to be lost but found in someones attic!!! :)

great job guys!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

tytlblues wrote:WOW, this is great!!!! I really like "Can't be satisfied" yes, you guys definitely have an enviable gig going there. So many of us I'm sure wish we had a group to play with. The boom box recording quality as you say, really does give it kind of a old days sound.......sort of like a "newly recovered lost recordings of XXXXXXXXX" thought to be lost but found in someones attic!!! :)

great job guys!
Thanks for your kind comments. You totally get the vibe I was going for with these fun recordings.
As for finding other people to play with I guess I am lucky but I just went out to jams and met other like minded players and assembled our little trio. I've also been playing in bars here off and on for over 30 years so I know a few musicians. I tried it as a 4 piece with both a piano player and another guitar player but it just didn't work out like it does with just 3 of us. I know for some folks it just isn't an option to go to public jams to meet other players and that's understandable. It's still all about the love for the music.

We do hope to play some real live gigs this year as soon as we record a "proper" demo CD.

Here's another track from the same session.
_VGJzFnJVj4
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Hey Bluesfreek, great job on little red rooster, nice slide playing! Yeah not always easy to find people to play with especially if your wanting to play real blues, I go to a local blues jam once in a while and try placing craigslist ads, I figure just keep tryin, if you just find one person thats into the same style then its a start! Bluesfreek do you sing, vocals sound good also, I don't sing although thinking about trying, don't know if I can do it or not! Anyway you guys sound great, thats the real deal there!! Dan
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very good collection of jamming bluesfreek - and the Little Red Rooster is particularly stand out - real nice slide work!! :clap: :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
bluesfreek

Post by bluesfreek »

ratfinkdan wrote:Hey Bluesfreek, great job on little red rooster, nice slide playing! Yeah not always easy to find people to play with especially if your wanting to play real blues, I go to a local blues jam once in a while and try placing craigslist ads, I figure just keep tryin, if you just find one person thats into the same style then its a start! Bluesfreek do you sing, vocals sound good also, I don't sing although thinking about trying, don't know if I can do it or not! Anyway you guys sound great, thats the real deal there!! Dan

Hey Dan, thanks for the comments about the vocals. Yes, I am singing on those songs but I'd never classify myself as a "vocalist".
You shoud try and sing! You never know if you can do it until you try!

Keep on playing the blues man! :thumbsup: