MR goes loose

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

MR goes loose

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I go loose on my guitar. Just let my mind free and my hands too. I dear nearly not upload this but I do it in any way.

download/file.php?id=1897
Attachments

MR goes loos.mp3 - (4.95 MiB)

Blindboy

Re: MR goes loose

Post by Blindboy »

This sounds like some stream of consciousness playing... I do this a lot. There is some really good stuff in here! :thumbsup: Perhaps not everything is what you want, but there is some playing in here that is quite good. I sometimes listen back to my playing and think that if I could play like "that" all the time, I would be where I want to be. You should listen back to stuff like this and find the parts that you like and try to duplicate them at will. There are some very excellent passages in this piece. Nice bends and phrasing, and good crisp tone.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

Sorry Michael, but I think this is a step backwards for you. The over-long tumbling phrases lacked the structure and expression that you've been achieving of late.
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Blindboy wrote:There are some very excellent passages in this piece. Nice bends and phrasing, and good crisp tone.
Indeed MR, there is some tasty stuff in here. Like BB said, I also often here stuff I played and later go back and TRY to remember what I played........it is good though of getting to the point where come things do just come from your fingers and you're not even sure how you did it!

choucas09 wrote: The over-long tumbling phrases lacked the structure and expression that you've been achieving of late.
Yes, perhaps a bit, but still some progress in the other areas mentioned above!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

choucas09 wrote:Sorry Michael, but I think this is a step backwards for you. The over-long tumbling phrases lacked the structure and expression that you've been achieving of late.
I just do it for no reason. I wanted to free some tension I live with and just get on play what ever comes out. It not ment to be a mastrpiece.