Another standard tuning slide attempt...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Another standard tuning slide attempt...

Post by Blindboy »

This one is definitely blues... An Elmore James classic. (that's why the band wanted me to try slide on it :roll: ) I hadn't ever tried to play slide on this one... they kind of sprung it on me. You can hear that I don't have a clue at the beginning, but it gets a bit better as we go along. I guess I need to practice some slide work so we can add this one to our set.
http://soundcloud.com/blindboy1-1/hurts-me-too
By the way... on this and my other Soundcloud postings, you should be able to download them now (if you want to :whistle: ). Just click on the downward pointing arrow above the widget (next to the "add to set" button). I realized that I could enable download capability when editing... finally :roll:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: Another standard tuning slide attempt...

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:This one is definitely blues...
Most definately!! :bb:

If this is what you can do when you "don't have a clue at the beginning", I'm hoping you do that practice you mention 'cos if you do it'll sound magical. As it is - very bluesy, very musical and a pleasure to listen to! :clap: :thumbsup:

BTW - great to see that Download arrow - wouldn't want to only be able to hear and not keep. :dance:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

I really enjoyed this one BB, I love Elmore James (very possibly the greatest blues singer ever) and this is a very good version and definitely one for your set. You did an amazingly good job on the slide especially as it was your first attempt. It's good to have your band posts on the forum as we don't get enough singing round here. Great stuff mate and keep em coming.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Oh yes man. This is real blues. I like it a lot. It's mellow and soft. Nice to listen to. :clap: :thumbsup:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

I love it. one of my most favorite Elmore songs. Nice slide to. :drool: I should like to hear this voice performe Fool for your stockings. So is you guys do requests? please :pray: :beer:
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks fellers, I appreciate the compliments.
The recent spate of slide posts gave me the encouragement to post this up, even if I'm not that happy with it. (funny how I don't mind throwing something like this out live on stage, but am reluctant to post the same thing here :icon_whoknows: )
Choucas, I'm glad you like the live posts, because that is all I've got. :roll: I'm still having some trouble with doing music on my laptop, (it doesn't like Audacity, for some reason) and I really only play my guitar on Monday nights. (no excuse... I should pick it up more :wall: ) By the way, thanks for the kind words on my slide playing... I have heard your slide work. :pray:
@ El Mano... Here ya go! :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

+1 Awesome BB, delta slide playing at it's best!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King