How to upload and embed mp3-files

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
12bar
Site Admin

How to upload and embed mp3-files

Post by 12bar »

How to upload and embed mp3-files:
  • go to the "Upload attachment" tab below the text box
  • click the "Browse..."-button and select your mp3 file from your local disc. Be sure to use lowercase only for the file name.
  • click the "Add the file" - button and wait until the upload finishes (may take a while depending on your Internet connection speed)
You will now see a new box with POSTED ATTACHMENTS below your text box. You can delete the files if something went wrong.
If you want to place the file in your message using the build-in mp3-player, put your cursor anywhere in the text area where you want to put it in, then press the "Place inline" button - viola!
With HTML5 (from 2015 on) attachments containing mp3 files will be displayed automatically inline with a player, so the last point is optional.

That's all. :dance:
MojoJim

Re: How to upload and embed mp3-files

Post by MojoJim »

12bar,
Is the intent that in the future we would only upload mp3s as attachment to messages - or will we continue to have a Blues Room where mp3s are kept?
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

JimRR wrote:12bar,
Is the intent that in the future we would only upload mp3s as attachment to messages - or will we continue to have a Blues Room where mp3s are kept?
Both - this is the Blues Room where the mp3's are (as attachment and using the inline flash player) uploaded AND can be discussed. Easier to modify and to add more information. No more switching between the mp3's and the discussion.
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Hi 12bar,
I just tried to upload an MP3 file and it quit after a few seconds and said "File too large. Maximum size is 256 Kb." Do our MP3s have to fit in that limit or did I do something wrong?
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

JimRR wrote:Hi 12bar,
I just tried to upload an MP3 file and it quit after a few seconds and said "File too large. Maximum size is 256 Kb." Do our MP3s have to fit in that limit or did I do something wrong?
:shy: my fault - I have to check the user permissions again. Usually it should be 8MB.

FIXED!

Please try again...
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

12bar wrote:
JimRR wrote:Hi 12bar,
:shy: my fault - I have to check the user permissions again. Usually it should be 8MB.

FIXED!

Please try again...
No need for the :shy:; paying customers would be happy with the service and fast response time you're providing. We're just freeloaders. :big_smile: :chicken:

Edit: Just realized your last post is over five years old. Now it's my turn to :shy:.
Cheers!
Mike

"A broken angel sings
From a guitar"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MikeL wrote:Edit: Just realized your last post is over five years old. Now it's my turn to :shy:.
:lol: No problem - it once started as SLOWhand Blues guitar forum... :high5:

Thanks!
AngeloNapoli

Post by AngeloNapoli »

To the moderators, if I wish to share some playing here am I allowed to embed a Youtube video ? I don't want to do anything against the rules of this forum! Thanks!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Simply link to the YT page and everything is save!
Embedding (playing inside the 12bar page) is no more allowed for known reasons...
AngeloNapoli

Post by AngeloNapoli »

12bar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:06 am Simply link to the YT page and everything is save!
Embedding (playing inside the 12bar page) is no more allowed for known reasons...
Thank you!