Thats More or Less It

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Thats More or Less It

Post by VikingBlues »

Attachments

Thats More or Less It - Improv in Am
Thats More or Less It.mp3 - (3.18 MiB)

Last edited by VikingBlues on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Thats More or Less It

Post by tytlblues »

Nice smooth one VB :thumbsup: A few larger bends than I think i've ever heard you play before in there in there!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

VB................This BT is Still got the blues, right ? I can trace it as it is that but i'm not shure. You play a new version of it and it's a good one. I agree with tytle, you bend more now then before.
I thing you is in a learning proces too, like me and others here in this forum. You seem to play more agresive than before and with self confidense, that's a good thing.

So the handclaps will be:............................ :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Nice Noodle VB !!
very sympathetic to the BT and the original ...while not trying to be a cloned version !
You're working some nice little themes in here

Good BT ( where did you unearth this one ?? )

Just becasue it is what it is .... it feels to me like it needs some words (- not necessarily the original lyrics ) but something to punctuate it and give it purpose or focus.

TyiB has it though .....with "Smooth" :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

Another very nice offering from you, you're becoming increasingly fluid and consequently the charm factor is on the increase too. Great stuff me old sonner.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

It is very difficult to make a new version, a version thats also is good on this famous song.
But you made a very nice one, i like it a lot, great job VB :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I say.... it's more :wink:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks guys - glad it has some merit. As you all spotted the BT is essentially Still Got the Blues. I really should have called the recording "Thats Moore or Less It", but I thought it was obvious enough! :big_smile:
Strummer07 wrote:very sympathetic to the BT and the original ...while not trying to be a cloned version !
MichaelRobinson wrote:You play a new version of it and it's a good one.
2WheelsOfBlues wrote:It is very difficult to make a new version, a version thats also is good on this famous song.
But you made a very nice one
It was not a deliberate thing to do an alternative version - more that I could spend weeks trying to play it like Gary Moore and I would fail completely and set back my confidence levels something terrible. Also - when a song has been done as well by someone it seems to me that trying to play it the same way is a no-win task.
Strummer07 wrote:Good BT ( where did you unearth this one ?? )
On YouTube by puyyngwie. Link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BnKgSyz ... ature=plcp
tytlblues wrote:A few larger bends than I think i've ever heard you play before in there in there!!
MichaelRobinson wrote:I agree with tytle, you bend more now then before.
I was struggling a bit on the bends though the piece seemed to call for bigger than usual. My pinkie on my left (fretting) hand is not too good. Overused it in the guitar playing and it's been getting sharp twinges. So this recording is a three fingers only job. I usually use the pinkie quite a lot in multi-finger bends.
choucas09 wrote:you're becoming increasingly fluid and consequently the charm factor is on the increase too.
I appreciate that compliment a lot. It is still my ambition to be able to play in a way that makes me sound like a real guitarist. Still a long way to go, but it's nice to know there's still signs of progress.

I agree with the point Strummer made about needing words .... where it all would fall apart though, would be in me opening my mouth and failing to sing in anything lik the required style! :sad:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

VB it's a nice one, very well played too :clap: :thumbsup:
It also shows how to make different whithout being in the shadow of the original.
This is not so easy to attain :music2:
Congrats :clap: :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks VC - appreciated! :D
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice! :clap:
Excellent phrasing, sweet bends, (I couldn't hear that you were having trouble) and you were playing the changes very well.
Good job! :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Blindboy - I enjoyed playing it :D , despite the twinges when I forgot and used the little finger. :nuts:

Unfortunately I'm getting fewer nights at the moment when the music flows than when it stagnates and does nothing in particular. :sad:

I've noticed if I'm playing a newish guitar where there's still the dark stuff coming off the fretboard onto the fingers my pinkie gets a lot muckier than my ring finger showing how much work it's being asked to do - so it's maybe not a bad thing to make that ring finger do a bit more work for a while.
Pena

Post by Pena »

VB, VB, VB, gooood playing, gooood notes, gooood bends, gooood package...
... you're putting the bar higher and higher... and reaching it... envy :shy: ... yes.
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson