Three acoustic slide guitar pieces

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
CarsickPhil

Three acoustic slide guitar pieces

Post by CarsickPhil »

Dear all

I have recorded three original pieces in recent months and would love some feedback on which works, which does not, along with tips for improvements. Two are multi-tracked and one is recorded in a single live take:

Pressing On - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7yFB_wFrto
Primavera - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTw5WWW4uiQ
Santiago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SurVg1remcg

Please give me a link to your post, if you'd like me to comment on your work.

Cheers

Philip
choucas09

Re: Three acoustic slide guitar pieces

Post by choucas09 »

Very interesting and original work. You've developed your own style and you play with conviction, clarity and accuracy. Excellent in fact.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

choucas09 wrote:Very interesting and original work. You've developed your own style and you play with conviction, clarity and accuracy. Excellent in fact.
I agree with every word! :clap:

The highlight for me was 'Primavera - original slide guitar piece celebrating the earliest signs of spring' I found this recording to be haunting, atmospheric and I was very impressed with the way the music evolved, and the warmth of tones grew and matched the appearance of the buds and new life of spring. Great concept - very well implemented! :thumbsup: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very nice! I particularly enjoyed "Primavera"... I can sure hear your classical roots.
The Santiago pictures were lovely... where is that?
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
CarsickPhil

Post by CarsickPhil »

Thanks for your kind feedback.

In answer to the question, Santiago de Compostela is a city in Spain. A pilgrimage trail leads there: the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. I walked something less than the last 100 miles during the course of a week, but the trail extends right across Europe. I met a retired chap from Scandinavia who had been walking steadily at roughly my pace for over a month. An older lady arrived in Santiago after a long trek and then planned to walk from there to Rome.

As regards my guitar playing, I plan to keep a balance of multi-tracking and trying to do solo guitar single takes, but do you have an opinion about where I should place the focus of my effort. I'm inclined to try the harder line of developing my finger style picking with the odd strum and slide thrown in, rather than spend too much time fiddling with technology when multi-tracking. I'd be interested to know what you think.

Cheers

Carsick Phil