Long time ago...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
jokron

Long time ago...

Post by jokron »

...I got my firts guitar from my mom and learned my very first tune on it; House of the rising sun. I bet some of you older guys learned it too in the late sixties...

/Jokron
download/file.php?id=1744
Attachments

Houseinstr.mp3 - (3.99 MiB)

I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
vancouverois

Re: Long time ago...

Post by vancouverois »

:clap: :clap: Very nice! :clap: :clap:
It reminds me a lot the Shadows style and I also appreciate the
overdriven part between the two '60s style solos, well done!
Jan 15th 2007
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

Yep, it was the the first song I learnt back in '67. I think you've done a great job here giving it a sort of surf feel, very well played and good tones too.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Oh Hell Yeah! :thumbsup:
This is real nice. Nice dynamics and change ups in tone and attack. Sweet playing too.
I learned this one a LONG time ago (70's, tho... not 60's), but I don't know if I ever played it this nice.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very nice version - love the clean Shadows-ish tone and the overdriven lead contrasts well with it. All very fluent and natural sounding. :thumbsup: :clap:

It's one of those iconic songs - if you play with a BT that has THAT chord progression it's impossible not to find yourself quoting phrases from the song.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Great version :clap: , and it's true - one of the first chord progressions I learned, but not in the 60's. I still can play it without thinking... :oldie:
jokron

Post by jokron »

Aaahhh, thanks, i really enjoyed playing it. Seems I'm on Memory Lane regarding my playing...I have a bunch of tunes that I played the first years with my guitar; Proud Mary, Take this hammer, Dock of the bay, Folsom Prison Blues and so on, so, my friends, there is more to come, hope you'll enjoy them too! And at the same time I'm learning more and more about the sequencer Cubase, the drum program Superior Drummer, and, not to forget, practice bass playing. Lot's of fun, wish I had more time though...

I were about 13-14 years when I got my first guitar, should have been 1968 or 1969, Animals recorded this tune in the summer 1964. It's not clear who wrote it, but it can be traced at least to 1930's. Amazing how some tunes survive and others just fade away...

Just found an old photo of me and my first guitar: http://jokron.se/J-O%20med%20gitarr%2068.jpg ... haha, starting to grow long hair :-))

And another one with my first electric guitar, a swedish made Hagström Kent: http://jokron.se/JOA1972.jpg ... blurry picture, but that's me :lol:

Getting really nostalgic about this... :shy:

/Jokron
I was looking for the perfect guitar, I found it...but...I ran into trouble...it was looking for the perfect guitarist...
Pena

Post by Pena »

Thx jokron for the upload, very well played.
Brings back memories for me too from the sixties, was also my first song to learn.
Those pics are nice too, I have similar pics somewhere in my "archive", I'm posing just as proudly as you... even the barre chord is the same :big_smile:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
jokron

Post by jokron »

Pena wrote:Thx jokron for the upload, very well played.
Brings back memories for me too from the sixties, was also my first song to learn.
Those pics are nice too, I have similar pics somewhere in my "archive", I'm posing just as proudly as you... even the barre chord is the same :big_smile:
Pena
Haha...yes beeing a teenage boy playing guitar was a dream situation those days...Actually, the first picture is shot in Finland, Pietarsaari/Jakobstad where my grandparents lived...I saw you're from Finland, don't know the city, though...

/Jokron
Pena

Post by Pena »

jokron wrote:
Pena wrote:Thx jokron for the upload, very well played.
Pena
Haha...yes beeing a teenage boy playing guitar was a dream situation those days...Actually, the first picture is shot in Finland, Pietarsaari/Jakobstad where my grandparents lived...I saw you're from Finland, don't know the city, though...

/Jokron
Hih, hih... yep, as teenager that was a BIG thing.
So your grandparents are fom Pietarsaari, amazing how small the world is.
Lots of Finns moved from that area 70-90 years ago looking for better life.
Do you still have kins here in Finland?
I live near Helsinki, our capital. This is called capital area, several cities are side by side.
Here's a map:
http://www.eniro.fi/kartta/vantaa+lehdespolku+3/
Ok, take care and happy :music2:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Yes very nice played.
My first real song was Apache and i now a little what you meen......

Is a joy to lisen too :thumbsup:

great solo :music2:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....