Collab Blues G7

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Re: Collab Blues G7

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:It was a nice T to work on I have a lot of takes that could be useful. But i choice this one because it is more diverse with the other takes. (i hope) For the first time this year i let black Betty scream again true here partner in crime ( bought the Guitar with this amp together) The Peavey studiopro 50. Play true a cab with 2x8" 1x12"and 2x piezo More gain than i use to and a little bit more bite. Hope you like it.
Downloaded and put into DAW - sounds really good and does work well with the other guys takes on the collab. Good work, and a nice bit of bite too! :clap:
StratLover2 wrote:I'll see if I can do something tonight, or tomorrow morning, if I can.
:thumbsup:

#1 up to 0:53 - VB ................... DONE
#2 up to 1:40 - Tytl ................... DONE
#3 up to 2:26 - Vancouveris ................... DONE
#4 up to 3:12 - ElMano ................... DONE
#5 up to 3:58 - Pena ................... DONE
#6 up to 4:44 - StratLover2
#7 up to end - Blindboy ................... DONE
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Something is malefunction. The last postes didn't show up so I posted and after that it function again. Then I saw that all allredy is ocupaid.
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MichaelRobinson

Sorry. Doubble post. I deleted this one.
Pena

Post by Pena »

quote:
alaskabluesguy
I would do a chorus if there is room!

IMO, go, go, go man... looks like the 1's that apply the turn are too busy, or something else.
I'm a bit :angry: ... simply... you're gonna or then you wont.
So many of us involved in collab, u just can't take a turn and keep it hanging... tomorrow, next morning... etc,
Sorry m8s, blew my mind... but frustration sometimes overtakes.
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Wow.... Cool down my friend. :alright:
Don't get all fired up, It won't do you any good and things will not go any faster.
Stratlover has a very high musical output rate. So maybe he has a good reason.

Besides I get chills going down my spine when I see someone getting fired-up here.
We've had that happening and escalating once before. I hated the outcome.
Please let the fire brigade sleep :beer:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Pena

Post by Pena »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Wow.... Cool down my friend. :alright:
Don't get all fired up, It won't do you any good and things will not go any faster.
Stratlover has a very high musical output rate. So maybe he has a good reason.

Besides I get chills going down my spine when I see someone getting fired-up here.
We've had that happening and escalating once before. I hated the outcome.
Please let the fire brigade sleep :beer:
OK HBL, get your point... hope you get my too= don't ask for your 12 bars, and then leave it hanging, if we have m8s with less " musical output rate" wanting to play in our collab.
With high musical output rate, it shouldn't be so hard to do it, and not book a seat flying to mars.
As for my :angry:, I apologize, kicked over the fence. :handshake: to you all.
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I did get your point :)
On the other hand, I still remember how long it took me to play the parts I did to VB's the Old man of the sea.
That took waaaay long, but the endresult was well worth the wait I guess.

Alaska can play a part anyway. I guess there can be 2 versions of the collab if needed.
Knowing VB a little by now, he won't mind a bit :fingerscrossed:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Pena wrote:quote:
alaskabluesguy
I would do a chorus if there is room!

IMO, go, go, go man... looks like the 1's that apply the turn are too busy, or something else.
I'm a bit :angry: ... simply... you're gonna or then you wont.
So many of us involved in collab, u just can't take a turn and keep it hanging... tomorrow, next morning... etc,
Sorry m8s, blew my mind... but frustration sometimes overtakes.
Pena
:icon_whoknows: I don't understand this - ABG just asked if there's room, nothing more. No other posts, no answer. And nowhere a "high musical output rate", not even one upload here from ABG. :think:

Like HBL said - and I'm myself also the latest in most collabs - we all have a life and this is for fun, sometimes things go different and there's no time left...

So far the collab sounds already great! :thumbsup:
alaskabluesguy

Post by alaskabluesguy »

Sorry guys, its tax season. Berry, berry busy! :) However, I still am happy to do one, but it has still been a very reasonable amount of time and stratlover is ahead of me so I can be bumped with no hurt feelings!

Now to figure out which file to grab...
alaskabluesguy

Post by alaskabluesguy »

OK, here is one to use if stratlover is short on time! :beer:

It is the sixth spot and it is without the BT but the space is from the very beginning so it should not be too hard to splice in. I hope that makes sense! :dance:
Attachments

blues collab part 6 (ABG).mp3 - (4.43 MiB)

StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Sorry guys for the wait! Been busy. I will try and get my part done tonight!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

StratLover2 wrote:Sorry guys for the wait! Been busy. I will try and get my part done tonight!
Looking forward to hearing it. :thumbsup:
alaskabluesguy wrote:OK, here is one to use if stratlover is short on time! :beer:
It is the sixth spot and it is without the BT but the space is from the very beginning so it should not be too hard to splice in. I hope that makes sense! :dance:
HalfBlindLefty wrote:Alaska can play a part anyway. I guess there can be 2 versions of the collab if needed.
Knowing VB a little by now, he won't mind a bit :fingerscrossed:
Thanks for the contribution ABG - I think I'll do what HBL suggested (and you're right HBL, I don't mind! :D ) and set up a second collab with the ABG part and a different section from me than I did on the first collab. I wouldn't want a good contribution to go to waste.

Anyone who missed out first time around can jump in when they have time - I'll set up a new thread for it in the next day or so.
alaskabluesguy

Post by alaskabluesguy »

No problem. Only do it if there is interest. I would live to do more of these. Hopefully! I will have another opportunity!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Alrighty, here is my bit, along with everybody else' for easiness. I simply tweaked a Garageband preset, recorded using iRig and volia! Honestly, I was not really thinking too much about what I was playing, and I was surprised when this came out! This is probably amongst the most natural, I have felt, of all my playing thus far.

Hope you enjoy!
StratLover2

download/file.php?id=1767
Attachments

Slow Blues G7/SL2
Slow Blues_SL2.mp3 - (5.2 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: Collab Blues G7 - Final

Post by VikingBlues »

Here is the final mix of the SlowBlues G7 collab. :clap:

Enjoyed mixing this and hearing the (very) different ideas and interpretations you all had - thank you everyone for making a really impreesive sounding recording. :thumbsup:

download/file.php?id=1770

#1 up to 0:53 - VB
#2 up to 1:40 - Tytl
#3 up to 2:26 - Vancouveris
#4 up to 3:12 - ElMano
#5 up to 3:58 - Pena
#6 up to 4:44 - StratLover2
#7 up to end - Blindboy
StratLover2 wrote:I was surprised when this came out! This is probably amongst the most natural, I have felt, of all my playing thus far.
It sounded very natural to me to - fits in very well. :clap:
Attachments

SlowBlues G7 Collab_Final
SlowBluesG7 Collab_Final_VB Tytl Van ElMano Pena SL2 Blindboy.mp3 - (5.18 MiB)

Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Had this on a loop this morning ......Cool tune !!

Some nice subtle tonal difeferences ( Understandably) from restrained .....through Crunchy and into Raspy and Stinging but it all flows together real well ( Well done on the mixing VB !)

& It Works !! ..Well done all ! :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MichaelRobinson

Strange. When I read the tread, # 4 and #6 is vakant but when I submit my post they are not.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MR, maybe you've been on the wrong page of this thread, it's now 3 pages. :icon_whoknows:
When #4 and 6 were vacant, you said that at that time you would not participate, so the parts were done by other members.

But VB already suggested another collab you can join. :dance:

That aside, it sounds really great - different styles, each of them interesting. :clap:

What about :HoF:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

MichaelRobinson wrote:Strange. When I read the tread, # 4 and #6 is vakant but when I submit my post they are not.
Hi Michael - I'm sorry if I missed a submission from you but I can't find a post with a recording from you on it?

As 12bar said I'm setting up another version starting with AlaskaBluesGuys piece at #6, so if you post your #4 version again, and I add a section of mine that'll be nearly 50% of the new version done. We had at least a couple of members stepped aside to let others play and maybe they'll fancy joing in. I'll set up a "Take 2" thread by the end of today.
MichaelRobinson

VB.

I never uploaded or posted any song. I read a thread and somtimes it's vacant and sometimes not. I confuses me. I said I'm in for #4 or #6 and posted that, not any song. When I read the uploaded post from me then I saw that it's not vacant any more. So......................... :icon_whoknows:

You said there is an other collab on upcoming or do I missunderstand ? I Never have been involved in collab before so I watch and learn how it works, that's all I do at the moment but if there will be an other collab with a "simple" blues I'm probebly will be involved. In fact now I want to be involved in some collab. Just tell me what to do because I don't know where i should send my piece, IF there will be an other collab !!!!