Music copyrights - read this before uploading!
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:38 pm
Since there are many questions regarding copyright, here are some general guidelines:
- You can upload any Blues that you have written and played by yourself. Sure. That's the standard case. The copyright is and will be yours.
- You can upload any Blues that is "Public Domain", that means free of copyright, e.g. traditionals like St. James Infirmary Blues
- You're not allowed to upload classic Blues like Stormy Monday incl. vocals, because a copyright exists and you have to pay royalties.
- You're not allowed to upload a song with a copyright protected backing track (e.g. from a magazine CD)
- Chord changes can usually not be copyrighted, especially in Blues.
- Soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/solutioncente ... ?subOf=134
- U.S. copyright overview: http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm
- List of Public Domain Music: http://www.pdinfo.com/ with FAQ: http://www.pdinfo.com/faq.php