I Caught the Cold

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

I Caught the Cold

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

Another sick-song. I am getting better, but still feel a tad sickly. Well, this one has a fairly obvious title, and when creating the backing track, I was influenced by "I Shot a Sheriff", and decided to give it a go, on Garageband.

Just me improvising on my Eric Clapton Strat "Layla" with a cleaner tone, something I have been doing a lot of lately, as I think it has a more sophisticated sound of it, and less of a novice that hides behind distortion. I have found as my technique and other things have gotten better, I have been getting away with 75% less of the effects that I used to have, and it manages to sound even better without them.

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=1668
Attachments

I caught the Cold
I caught the Cold.mp3 - (5.33 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: I Caught the Cold

Post by VikingBlues »

I would agree 100% with what you're saying on tone. :thumbsup:

Your playing technique and skill at note choice allows you to play with that cleaner tone, and to my ears, it becomes more musical.
Nice work on this recording. :clap:

I wish the makers of multi-fx / modelling units would concentrate as much on the cleaner sounds as they do with oversaturated distortion. It might encourage players like me to search out this musicality earlier. I spent years with no tone and no style because of this. Though I guess I am biaised because of what I like to hear and play myself these days. :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks VB!

I see what you mean, I have a pretty decent clean sound on my POD X3 Live pedalboard, but I prefer at home to use my Micro Cube for the cleaner sounds.

I kind of think that big names, like Eric Clapton have figured that out long ago, when they went from over the top distortion to just perhaps a hint of it. It helps too that I can control some of the distortion on the Strat with it's mid boost.

StratLover2
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

This is great music.

:clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dance:

Nice tone and great guitar playing
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thank you, 2WOB!

I really enjoyed playing to this BT, it stretched my musical creativity.

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I 100% agree with VB - much better tone, one of your best uploads! :thumbsup: