Bluesy babbling (excerpt)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Bluesy babbling (excerpt)

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

There is another topic on here
String bending technique

I didn't respond yet (lucky me) when someone... :big_smile: stated there are no rules in Blues ( I agree btw).
That statement made me sit, fire up an bt and play along twice.
It's rather a long bt and well :icon_whoknows: I didn't like the beginning and the end and since there are no rules :banana: I ditched them.

Now to my point : With how much stretching of those non existent rules can I get away with... :think:

To contribute to the above mentioned topic I took special care to insert some micro bends and some note stretching.
Ok, :cool: tell me the wrongs :haha: in this jam (yes there are a couple or so) :wink:

download/file.php?id=118
Attachments

Bluesy_babbling-excerpt.mp3 - (2.88 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Bluesy babbling (excerpt)

Post by 12bar »

Good idea! :clap:
Just back on my guitar :chicken: after 3 weeks or so now jamming and bending to your upload. Maybe you'll upload the BT and everyone who's
interested records some 12bars or so with focus on good and bad bends... (I'm currently good on bad bends with lacking practice :whistle: )
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Done, it's in the bt section
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Bluesy bends

Post by 12bar »

OK, here's my humble take after some weeks without practice. But - it's getting better. :dance:
Looks like precise bends have really a lot to do with consant practice! While I can play some fingerpicking songs instantly without thinking it's harder to bend a string to the right pitch and put a vibrato on it. Thanks HBL!

download/file.php?id=136
Attachments

12bar's bends
12bar_B_Slow_Blues.mp3 - (1.38 MiB)

HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:clap: you didn't loose your touch Gerd :clap:
I like it :thumbsup:

Maybe you should change your nick to OldRusty :oldie:

Good job. The bends are not off that much, I hardly could tell
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Gerd - we missed you !!
Welcome back .......them fingers are still working as good as ever !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Welcome back from me too... Gerd. Sounds like your magic fingers made it through all that construction work undamaged!!!
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks folks! OldRusty... :high5: yes, sometimes I feel so. But then again, looking at my youngest :baby: I know that I have to wait some years before I'm allowed to retire... :wink:

Anyway, I have to work on pitch and timing, stepping out of my comfort zone. Today I played with my son again, some Simon and Garfunkel stuff. He's already great on piano. Maybe I'll buy a mic to record some stuff. But I'm getting OT now...
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote: Today I played with my son again, some Simon and Garfunkel stuff. He's already great on piano. Maybe I'll buy a mic to record some stuff. But I'm getting OT now...
:naughty: you're not off topic.... not by a long shot :)
A man ,a man... a word a word... go buy mic... record and let us enjoy :drool: :banana: