East Pasco Blues in Bb

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

East Pasco Blues in Bb

Post by MichaelRobinson »

A nice try..................................My slow fingers missing the strings but here it is. :haha:

download/file.php?id=1620
Attachments

East Pasco Blues in Bb.mp3 - (3.84 MiB)

losaavedra

Re: East Pasco Blues in Bb

Post by losaavedra »

I think this is a good effort but also that you worry too much about 'timing' of the backing piece and adhering to it. Yeah ... my fingers these days miss the strings too pretty often ... but if I don't care too much about it then neither should you! Generally you seem to be more than capable of hitting the right notes but at the same time missing a few of 'em out will likely add to the overall result rather than detract from it. Timing, IMHO, is one of the most important blues concepts to get your head around ... and you are getting closer every post. Your contribution could be less 'up front' on this piece, in order to blend in better with the backing, otherwise it's fine. Keep up the good work!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nicely done. You're going well / improving well. :thumbsup:

I echo what losaavedra says about timing.

Also thinking that so much of the nature of the overall recording comes from the backing track / backing musicians. If you get your timing right and can snake in and out of and around the BT it can add hugely to how bluesy / jazzy / whatever genre it sounds, without you having to work too hard at it. If you can get the recorded sound of the solo to match the recorded sound of the musicians on the backing track so it sounds like you were all recorded together (not an easy task I'll admit) it's yet another step to sounding right without playing any better. Damn - giving away my secrets now!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Thank's for youre comments. I take them to me and will have in mind what you guys are talking about. :guitarist:
tele8156

Post by tele8156 »

I think this is done well and the tone really matches the mood of the BT. Maybe let the notes breathe a little without trying to fill every spot with a note. (This is something I struggle with). :D
“Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson