Stormy Monday Style Jam

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

Stormy Monday Style Jam

Post by tytlblues »

Hastily recorded to Stormy Monday style changes. Strat, Tube Screamer, Fender amp clean.

http://www.box.com/s/evfny48pxzel19d9bguv
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
Golfxzq

Re: Stormy Monday Style Jam

Post by Golfxzq »

Great tune there Tytl... love your tone, I'm going to try to copy it if you don't mind.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! :thumbsup:
Nice chops, great Strat tone... well done.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
larz

Post by larz »

:wave:
I like it. Nice sound on your guitar. I wish i could get that sound and play like you :xmas_1:
:high5: Lars
Beginner playing Fender Mexico Standardstrata, Hagström Absolut Vodka Ultra Swede Rock Edition and Fender Mustang III Amp.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

As allways. You play relaxed and with feeling. It sounds very good and you play like a professionel guitar player. I say the same thing as Larz did. I wish I could play like you.
I wonder. Do you learn by listning or do you play from tabs or notes ? I don't understand. Time after time you prov that you is a very talented person. :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

A joy to listen to music making of this quality Lovely recording on all counts. Tones, note choices, phrasing, pauses ... the works. :clap: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

I agree with previous posts. Good blues playing and feel. I would say however that the ideal length for soloing over backing is; Intro/24 bars/outro.
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Thanks all, as always, appreciate the kind feedback!
MichaelRobinson wrote:I wonder. Do you learn by listning or do you play from tabs or notes ? I don't understand.
MR, yes, yes, and sometimes!!!!! I learn allot by just listening, like most on this board, we all probably always have music on during the day if conditions permit. I do learn licks every now and then by ear. I have a book case shelve full of guitar books........I think we have ALL have been down this road! Buy that next guitar music method book that has EXACTLY the next thing we wanted to learn, then you look at a few pages and it sits on the shelf!!! I can not seem to discipline myself to have a daily practice regimen, I try to warm up with some scales, and work on something new, but some how always end up just noodling around. These days I seem to learn most new things by looking for an internet lesson on Youtube.

Keep at it MR, you're doing great!!!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King