Taskstream Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

Taskstream Blues

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

I just brought Torrance out a bit this morning, and I found this hard rock Blues in A backing track on Youtube, and I started playing to it. I guess I've been venting my frustrations at the graders on this site that my college uses called Taskstream. I don't have any tasks waiting to be graded, but I've been playing out my school stresses and this is what I got.

This feels like a significant departure from my usual playing, but given the stresses, I suppose that is why. For some reason, sometimes I felt really tempted to quote Leslie West, because I've listened to his version of "Crossroads" and this blues backing track reminded me of his version. So whenever you hear me going into the major side, I'm usually quoting or a variation of his licks.

Hope this isn't too messy or disorganized for your listening!

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=1453
Attachments

Taskstream Blues
Taskstream Blues.mp3 - (2.92 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Re: Taskstream Blues

Post by 12bar »

Just listened to your latest uploads - lots of pure energy (vented....)!
Again tone and technique excellent, the only problem I hear is the timing. Maybe it's your recording setup (latency, monitor volume too low etc.)?
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

I"m thinking it is the recording setup. Once I get my mic back working I will be using that. The problem is, I somehow, or something stepped on the USB end of the mic cable and well, I don't think it will work properly.

I think that it could be the iPhone's recording, while it captures sound, there could be a bit of lag. I don't recall having any timing issues when I used the Blue Ice mic with Garageband, with any BT.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive to this because of the volume/latency trouble with my Toneport under Windows 7. :big_smile:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

That's quite alright! This was more of a fooling around backing track then anything serious anyway. Sometimes, you just need a backing track to vent your feelings on.