First upload/post: 12Bar B-flat Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
EricJames

First upload/post: 12Bar B-flat Blues

Post by EricJames »

Backing track by Pete Anderson (Slow Down Blues). I believe his tracks are royalty-free, although I couldn't find any copyright info out there.

I've been playing for a little over two years. I don't have any recording equipment so I did a line-in from my amp into GarageBand. Always gives it that "thin" sound but sometimes it works.

Hope someone enjoys it!

download/file.php?id=1412

-Eric
Attachments

B_Flat_Blues.mp3 - (3.24 MiB)

2WheelsOfBlues

Re: First upload/post: 12Bar B-flat Blues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Eric, first of all welkom here, yuo found the best blues site there is.

Your song is very nice, i like it. :clap:
Keep on posting i love to hear more :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to 12bar Eric. I think you're OK with the Pete Anderson tracks if I recall right.

Remarkable how you've managed to get that good a sound with just the line-in. Well played too - I did enjoy it! :thumbsup:

I too would be interested in hearing more. Out of interest - what sort of guitar were you using?
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:

Two years? That's amazing! Maybe you can give us some more details?
EricJames

Post by EricJames »

:D Thank you all for the warm welcome, I was half-expecting my post to get a few views and then fall to the bottom.
VikingBlues wrote:Remarkable how you've managed to get that good a sound with just the line-in.
I'll be honest in that I added some of GarageBand's effects to add more sustain and make up for the loss of quality. It's a powerful program but I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I use those effects. However it does sound good, which is the ultimate goal I guess.

The two songs I posted below are more "raw" in that it's the closest to what my amp and guitar naturally sound like.

El Setup: Fender Stratocaster (Mexico) fed into my cheap $60 fender amp.
12bar wrote::welcome:

Two years? That's amazing! Maybe you can give us some more details?
My musical history is odd as I didn't play anything until I was around 20. I started playing drums around then and then transitioned into bass around 2008. I picked up the electric guitar sometime around the summer of 2009 and took an intro to music theory class my senior year of college in 2010 (I was a business major so it was a welcome break to the monotony).

The theory class definitely helped me make connections, but the class focused on classical music theory which is mentally stimulating, but a genre I've never been able to "feel," if you know what I mean.

I fell in love with the blues when I was learning the basics of the bass/guitar. When I first figured out the "blues scale" I almost crapped my pants. It just sounded so different compared to everything else.

Anyway, I'll just lump all the Pete Anderson tracks in one thread. Here's the two more:

download/file.php?id=1416

download/file.php?id=1417
Attachments

CheddarJack.mp3 - (3.91 MiB)

sneezefactory.mp3 - (3.15 MiB)

MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

:welcome: Eric,

There are many of us here in our first few years of learning to play - and we warmly welcome another. :wave:

What a terrific range of musical ideas you have in the pieces you've posted! I just been playing for a couple of years and I'm very envious of the progress that you have made in your time. :clap: :thumbsup:

Hope to hear a lot more from you.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Well deep respect from this side, in 2 years, and playing like this.... (take my hat off) :clap: :clap:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

2WheelsOfBlues wrote:Well deep respect from this side, in 2 years, and playing like this.... (take my hat off) :clap: :clap:
:welcome: Eric

I agree with 2Weels of blues. Amazing
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

EricJames wrote:The two songs I posted below are more "raw" in that it's the closest to what my amp and guitar naturally sound like.

El Setup: Fender Stratocaster (Mexico) fed into my cheap $60 fender amp.
As MojoJim said there's a wide range of ideas in your playing - fits nicely with the backing tracks but are quite different to versions I've herd others do. Nice work. Liked the bass note runs too! :clap:
EricJames wrote:The theory class definitely helped me make connections, but the class focused on classical music theory which is mentally stimulating, but a genre I've never been able to "feel," if you know what I mean.
I know JUST what you mean. I took classical lessons for a while until RSI put a stop to it. Tough mentally and tough on getting the precision to get the notes sounding right but very uninvolving. Even worse when you have a teacher who thinks even rubato is worthy of a death sentence! (Rubato didn't do Segovia any harm - and without him classical guitar would probably be almost non existent). But ... so little chance to put anything of yourself into the playing and not really much going in a feeling of being creative. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!