Enough or not Enough Is that the question?

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

Enough or not Enough Is that the question?

Post by ElMano »

Do a man ever have guitars enough? that is a hard question, and depend strongly from witch way you look at this. As player i think i had to much to choose so i all way's think wile i am playin' on the one that i better bring they other :alright: :wall: As a collector i am greedy and hooked on dusty an forgotten treasures as new shine examples It is hard to say now. My hands are itching when i see a worn out deplorable guitar with potential. Pitty enough is it some times not smart to spend so much money and work wile the result never gonna payoff.
After finished the woodycaster and Woody, i had use some parts of that stack as donor parts. I stripped the two down into a couple of small rest parts body's and 1 neck. I all so clean out the small studio to make some space for the new bunch ( incl de DIY lapsteel)
About 40 years ago i bought myself a telecaster of an unknown brand must be a kind of Japanese piece of wood, but the same time i got it in my hands it feels good. I learned a lot on that very thin thing. Started gigging and after a few gigs i was able to get me a MiM tele I love the sound but i hate the looks at that time.
Because i was all so playing the base in an other band i owned a EKO bass Italian brand and that was in th style of the 335. I love that kind of guitars Hollow- and semi hollow-body's so much that i trade in the Tele for my first super guitar a blond Framus Missouri Jazz guitar with 2 X p 90. and a rose wood back ( still have that guitar) But i still keep missing the comfort of the Tele an still ate the model (it is the small headstock that i don't like particular) After a while i stop using the Framus on the road. I was a biker and a smaller body was much easier to transport.
As you may remember i have build a serie Bluesharps for a friend than want to sale a special serie called the soulblower. Of course i do it without any expectation of payback He is my friend and i am a pro at doing NOTHING The material is at the stock pile of trash i keep and the modifications on the machinery is brain gymnastic.
So i was highly surprised when the post bring me a brand new Guitar, An yes it was the only model i didn't owned till so far a Telecaster. The same trusty feel the sound in a split second my cup of tea and in the mean time i don't hate the headstock anymore :dance: you have hear the sound on my last collab but i proudly present the youngest member of the collection nr20 called lonny The family name is : london City Comet MK1
Attachments
SP_A0323web.jpg
SP_A0323web.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
SP_A0324web.jpg
SP_A0324web.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Re: Enough or not Enough Is that the question?

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:Do a man ever have guitars enough?
Errrm ... what do we think guys?

After 3.
1 ....... 2 ....... 3 ..... NOOOOO!!! :banana:

ElMano wrote:So i was highly surprised when the post bring me a brand new Guitar, An yes it was the only model i didn't owned till so far a Telecaster. The same trusty feel the sound in a split second my cup of tea and in the mean time i don't hate the headstock anymore :dance: you have hear the sound on my last collab but i proudly present the youngest member of the collection nr20 called lonny The family name is : london City Comet MK1
What a nice surprise that must have been. Looks good. Like the sound on the collab. That it feels right when you play is 90% of the battle. Good one! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Congrats! I don't get any new guitars by mail unless I ordered them... :lol:
Nr. 20 - that's quite a number. :eye_rub: I wouldn't even have the space to store them - and not the time to play 'em all! :icon_whoknows:
weelie

Post by weelie »

it seems just one more were always enough...

I actually sold my dot, so i have one less now: tele and semi les paul. If i only i could buy talent... Oh well would maybe sold it already and bought a multifx pedal with the proceeds. :think: