Evil Collab w/Bluesinbflat

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Evil Collab w/Bluesinbflat

Post by Blindboy »

The other day, Bluesinbflat shot me a link to a song that was complete except for two verses of guitar, and asked me to see what I could do. As it was a sweet version of an Albert King tune (one of my heroes), I wanted to do it justice. Rather than using my usual technique of charging in with my eyes closed, spewing notes right and left, I thought about it for a day or so, figuring out how I wanted the piece to develop. I knew that I wanted a nod to Albert King in the second verse, but I couldn't settle on a plan for the first verse. :wall: After more than a dozen takes, where I either liked the second verse, and didn't like the first, or vice-versa, or I liked them both, but hit a sour note somewhere in it. I finally came up with one I could live with. It isn't perfect, but it pretty much says what I want it to say. I guess I could have done some cutting and pasting, but I prefer to approach everything as "live" as possible. You can't go back and fix mistakes on stage. (of course you can't pick the best of multiple takes on stage either, but that's what practice sessions are for. :thumbsup: )
Anyway, here it is. Bluesinbflat doing a fine job on harp and vocals, Blindboy on guitar.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9182441
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: Evil Collab w/Bluesinbflat

Post by VikingBlues »

:pray: :pray: :pray:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

WOAH - GREAT - I enjoyed this a lot. We are in the presence of guys who know their blues - a fine job by the both of you. Great phrasing, tone, light and shade and just a real blues feel to it.

It has the feel of a live number and I really dig that. Your hard work has paid off with the take you've ended up using Blindboy.

I knew Bluesinbflat from his great skill with the harp but I now know he does a mean vocal too. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Whoo Hoo!!!! :chicken: :banana: :banana: :dance: :beer:
We are number one on the Soundclick Blues Cover songs charts. I have never been number one before. :eye_rub:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:Whoo Hoo!!!! :chicken: :banana: :banana: :dance: :beer:
We are number one on the Soundclick Blues Cover songs charts. I have never been number one before. :eye_rub:
The song is there on merit - well deserved - congatulations to the two of you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks VB. You know, it is Bluesinbflat's song, I just played a solo, but I get a charge out of it being top of the chart.
Gerd, how about a "high five" smiley. :big_smile:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sure :high5:

Did a quick listen - Albert - SRV - Blindboy: great! :thumbsup:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweeeet!! Thanks Gerd.