Minor Blues

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
SJL

Minor Blues

Post by SJL »

Found this site via Half Blind Lefty's soundclick entry so thought I may as well try posting here. The link is to a solo I recorded to demo the Bare Knuckle Slowhand pickups I have installed. The backing track is from Bluesblast.com.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9168239
VikingBlues

Re: Minor Blues

Post by VikingBlues »

SJL wrote:Found this site via Half Blind Lefty's soundclick entry so thought I may as well try posting here. The link is to a solo I recorded to demo the Bare Knuckle Slowhand pickups I have installed. The backing track is from Bluesblast.com.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9168239
:welcome: to the site SJL. HalfBlindLefty's soundclick site is well worth long visits! :clap:

The Slowhand Pickups sound good - I've wondererd about Bareknuckles a few times over the last couple of years but they've always managed to be just out of my budget. :sad:

What guitar do you have the pickups in?
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi SJL ................welcome to the site :peace:

Nice track you've posted :thumbsup:

and those picups sound "the business".......very EC !!

Surley they have to be in a Fender ???
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
SJL

Post by SJL »

Thanks for the comments, the pickups are in a 1991 Korean Squier Strat and recorded on a Boss Micro BR with one of the inbuilt amp sims. I also used an Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal just to beef up the input a little.
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

SJL

i got rid of a Boss BR600 digital recorder as it was just the most difficult thing to use ( for me that is ) .so I doidn't bother to use it .hence zero recording of anything for me !!

How easy to use is the boss micro ?? that sounds a pretty tasty recording to me ....its all there and the tone is excellent

Say more about the micro is use please

Tks
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
SJL

Post by SJL »

Turn it on, plug in the guitar and press record, simple as that! It is a really good practice tool as well. Amazing for something so small. My only problem is that I still need to get the AC adaptor so I am getting through AA batteries very fast!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Welcome :) love your track and sound ! :welcome:

Mhh through my soundclick pages ? Gerd is Sooo lucky I have those free linkies there :lol: :away:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome:
Nice sounding track. Great tone and playing.
I have been kick around the idea of new pickups for my strat for years, But have been unable to justify the cost. :roll:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"