Dispair

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Dispair

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

The echoes collab made my fingers itch :icon_whoknows:

While goinging through all my backings, I found an older 12bar forummembers made BT that was used for a Blues in CM collab.
I remebered I had several versions, with at least one containing a synth track :aha:
Had a quick search, found it and listened. mhh to much bluesy guitar and bass going on for the purpose I had in mind :think: ....
I kicked out (sorry) Tele2 and Kalle's far to bluesy parts and added my own synth bass, synth and organ parts again. Fiddled with the track, decided to loose the drums to :naughty: and mixed the version :dance: Yes, this could work.

I laid down 2 quick (single takes) lead tracks, one using Little sister (Ibi acoustic) and First Lady (Tokai)
Maybe I should have left the drums in during recording, but it's not to bad after all.

So, something new...(lead)
Something borrowed (Backingtrack)
Something Blue (Title/feel)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10979607

Darn, diamonds shining through once more..
I'm not satisfied yet, had to mute a biggy :motz:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Re: Dispair

Post by Blindboy »

:clap:
Sweet! It never fails to amaze me how you can craft a soundscape like this. I am challenged to put two tracks together it audacity, let alone something like this.
Love it... looking forward to a version that you are satisfied with. :dance:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Wow!! :clap: :clap: Pictures of a rainy scene flood the mind and it's raining tears not water. :tears:

I hope this wasn't indicative of the sort of day you were having.

Very strong atmosphere and so well contsructed and played. Great work with all the keyboard / synth parts. Loved the clean guitar part - like the guitar was singing words.

I can understand your fingers itching with the Echoesy piece - I got that as soon as VC sent me his first part - it made my brain itch too with hearing possible notes.

If this is the draft I can't wait till you post the final version! :pray:

(Yesterday I'd used up 75% of my download allowance for the month - it's all these great tracks being posted here - oh well, there goes another bit of the allowance :lol: ).
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks BB, it isn't that complicated to create the soundscapes.
I just stack a couple of sounds and play some chords on my keyboard. The same for the organ and the bass.
Then I start playing around in my DAW.

I guess it has something to do with my computer and electronics background that makes it a little easier for me

VB, thanks a lot :)
No actually I was having a great day (off) I had a song like this in my mind for a while and it had to come out.
Actually.... this made me stay away from echoes :away: :rofl:

I updated the song with a little flute and muted some of the obvious mistakes. One biggy stayed in though.
I moved the song to my main SC page :) http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10979607
Still I want to replay the electrical part. The acoustic part is nice enough I think.

Mind your quota......
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great one my friend, really are, beautiful.....
I have a new mobiele and when i now how i put mp3 on it this one will be one of the first.....

You did a very nice jobe....

man how do you do that??... :eye_rub:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Ron

Post by Ron »

HBL

Very emotional music, especially with the pan flute at times. Speaks very much.

We are still running your music, when we go away in the car. Its relaxing in the traffic mess today.

Awesome though.

Gr.

Ron :oldie:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Fantastic! :clap:
Spielberg should know who can do the soundtrack for his next movie! It sounds all so professional :pray:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks 2WOB, Ron and Gerd !

I'm having all kind of ideas to extend the song to maybe a part 2.
Ron

Post by Ron »

HBL

Look, that's good news and we look forward to it.

gr.

Ron :oldie:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

First little extra :)

ZOVL-JBno1s

:wink:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

That's pretty awesome HBL...... :chicken: Beautiful lines, and very flowing. :clap: I did not know you had quite the professional setup there! Looks like you have pretty much the complete home studio...........

I definitely think that these tracks are of soundtrack/movie quality!!!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

What can i say? :icon_whoknows:

it is like a small shiny stone ... that grows into a big shiny diamond :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

2WheelsOfBlues wrote:it is like a small shiny stone ... that grows into a big shiny diamond :thumbsup:
Definitely a gem!! :clap: :pray: :clap:

Great composition, And clean, uncluttered and haunting toneful lines. :thumbsup:
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Hey! This is #1 in Psychedelic Rock!

I had a flashback! And it was a very good trip indeed! Thanks HBL. Keep it up!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

tytlblues wrote:I did not know you had quite the professional setup there! Looks like you have pretty much the complete home studio...........
I gathered some things over the years :wink: , every time replacing or expanding on my gear.
Meanwhile I'm thinking of moving the tools I have here stashed and axpanding the .... mhhh studio to the whole room.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

I'm just back from vacations and I discover this gem :thumbsup:
Very nice tone and playing :clap: :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

So I fired up Audactiy and noodled along this great BT. I still have trouble getting a decent volume level out of my Toneport (see pic).
Low signal even with all controls at highest setting. First track BT, 2nd and 3rd my Sheraton
Low signal even with all controls at highest setting. First track BT, 2nd and 3rd my Sheraton
line6.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 13371 times
I added this one as a soundtrack to a short video I made while paddling through my home country. It's a bit boring, some notes can't even be heard, but I thought it fits to the landscape somehow. :whistle:

Here it is (better watch it on YT in 1080 HD):
fWSF-Ctb0yk
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I always look forward to a piece of your playing appearing and this is most enjoyable. :thumbsup:
12bar wrote:but I thought it fits to the landscape somehow. :whistle:
It does fit the landscape and the ambient sounds of water etc fit in well with the mood of the piece, as does the drifting along through the water - good choice of video footage.

I think you've done a great job of harnessing the mood with the guitar playing, despite the recording problems. I like the way you've managed to work your playing in and around the timing of the BT - when the phrases and breaths of the music are so long as this I find timing is very tricky.

A good job, very well done. :clap: :clap:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

This is easy, -thanks VB- you took most of my words right out of my keyboard :)

I like it a lot Gerd. You captured the mood of the piece without having your guitar crying out in despair.
Nice movie to.
Glad you got around to play something again
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Nice one....

Like above allready sad, it fits with the video.

Job peddel/done well. :wink: