GAS Attack !!!!!! Part 2

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
VikingBlues

Re: GAS Attack !!!!!! Part 2

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:Two nice takes VB ....and whilst it may take a while to set it all up........... .you have your recording techniques off pat. (I think I may have just given up tbh)
Sound is really good and the new amp sounds like its worth the outlay .........there is a real clarity to both recordings and there seems to be more definition ....if that makes any sense !!

Love the way the tele cuts through and there is a nice repeating theme linking this whole "Snowy Afternoon" track.....do tell me that it isn't actually snowing with you ????

May 16th !! ..............surely it can't be ?? .mind you its raining buckets here and cold as heck .........and I was going to flash up the barbie too !!! No chance !!
We were close to snow last week - on the hills to the south of Edinburgh, but had a warm day today - first day of spring in mid May!

Funny though - the biggest chunk of time setting everything up is probably untangling all the cables - it doesn't matter how carefully I put them away they come out like balls of knotted string. I can't leave it all out as I use the living room as my music room at the moment.

Glad to see your comment on the clarity and definition - that does make sense - it's the most obvious of the improvements the new amp has given me.

I enjoyed playing the "Snowy Afternoon" - a backing track off JamPlay where I do my lessons. I could have used A Aeolian, A Minor Pentatonic, C Aeolian, C Minor Pentatonic in the improv - I think I forgot about the C Aeolian but the others were in there. I quite like screwing with my head by forcing myself to play with BTs that are need more than the basic blues pentatonic. The results can be a bit disappointing though!!

The sound from the "Vintage" Tele copy is MUCH better than the price would suggest. Now if I could just shut my ears to the single coil noise feature - I'm not used to that at all. :alright:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!