Soundgates!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
drockadam

Soundgates!

Post by drockadam »

Hello Everyone! :wave:

I've been having the blues for the past couple of years. :tears: I've been held back gigging because of myself being scared of 60HZ buzz in my 97' Stratocaster. I'm thinking of getting a noisegate. :aha: I don't like pedals, especially when they're out in front of you, like on the floor. Is there any way to hide a pedal?

I like the ISP Decimator, the MXR Smartgate is better priced though. :D
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
Blindboy

Re: Soundgates!

Post by Blindboy »

Can't help you with a soundgate... I have never used one. Funny... I have been playing a Strat for 20 years and haven't had any problem with 60 cycle hum. Try keeping a hand on the strings when you aren't playing. Ride the volume knob too. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Most of the Amp Modelling software programs i have include Noise gates, they can be really handy especially on high gain settings. You would never tell but there is bucket loads of horrible buzzing in the background on all my recordings, i just have the noise gate to hide it well.
Is there any specific reason why you don't wan't a floor pedal?
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

That 60 cycle hum is a part of your strat, don't be afraid of it! Once the band starts playing no-one will notice it anyway.

Although I've found that sound engineers don't like it :icon_whoknows:
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

Yeah. I think I'm going to get one. Is there any way to hide a pedal, so it's not out in the middle of the floor?
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco