New Guitar

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
LeftyBlues

New Guitar

Post by LeftyBlues »

This friday, I recieved the guitar I ordered online. It's an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Heritage Cherry Sunburst. I bought it used for $420.
The neck has a 60's profile, so its smaller than my Dot, but big enough that it feels good in your hand. The finish is amazing and the pickups are pretty good. I'd like to get a picture up for you guys but I don't know how. Could someone help?
Pena

Re: New Guitar

Post by Pena »

LB you gotto upload your picture to for exaple to photobucket, and from there take the address and put it into your post.
I'm a noob and my english ain't too good either, but hope you get even some info :oldie:
If I remember right there was in some topic really good instructions, I'll try to find them if you don't find them first :thumbsup:
Pena

Found it :D :

How to post a photo:

1. Upload photo(s) to hosting site, like Photobucket.
2. To post it on the bulletin board, paste the IMG code for the particular photo into the text that you're posting.

The IGM code will look like a web address with [img]in%20front%20of%20it%20and[/img] after the end of it.

Here's the url for the first photo I posted - http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn22 … C_0043.jpg

The IMG code would be (img)http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn22 … C_0043.jpg(/img), except that instead of (img) and (/img), you would type [img]and[/img].

Photobucket has the IMG code for each picture right there where you post it, so it's easy to copy the code.
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

No need for any other hosts - just upload your image as attachment and place inline. We have a new forum software! :dance:
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

Pena

Post by Pena »

12bar wrote:No need for any other hosts - just upload your image as attachment and place inline. We have a new forum software! :dance:
Wow, didn't know that :clap: Like I've written before I'm an :oldie: noob :D
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

Nice looking axe! Price t'wasn't bad either. Can't see any cosmetic flaws on the pic. Good job! Would like to have it, but don't know what I'd do with a lefty...heehee.

Can't wait to hear it sing.

Post by LeftyBlues »

LzyOldFrt wrote:Nice looking axe! Price t'wasn't bad either. Can't see any cosmetic flaws on the pic. Good job! Would like to have it, but don't know what I'd do with a lefty...heehee.

Can't wait to hear it sing.
I bought it in condition 2 (1 being the highest). I assume that it was just a showroom guitar that was hanging on the wall that considered "used" but it's never been owned. Next collab you'll hear her sing. But, my recording software and amp modeling software doesn't do her justice. Since the body is mahogany, it still remains mellow at higher distortion settings unlike my dot (all maple). When I play my les paul distorted, it gets a perfect Peter Green tone. I need to get a mic, so it sounds great when I record it.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Although for me left-handed guitars still look a bit strange :icon_whoknows: it's surely a nice one - congrats! :clap:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet looking guitar. Looking forward to hearing it. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Nice axe Mate !!

Looks like condition 1 to me !!

is that the top of your head reflecting in the pup ?? :D

I understand 12bars comment........there is defintely a "head challenge" going on in my head when I look at left handed guitars ....I automatically try and resolve the image in my head back to the more conventional ( for me !)
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice guitar LB and the price sounds good too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's true what people have been saying that looking at the lefty guitar when you play right handed or vice versa does screw with the head. :think:

How is it for weight? Some of us suffer for our art with the Mahogany body boosting the weight - worth suffering for the tone though.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

12bar wrote:Although for me left-handed guitars still look a bit strange :icon_whoknows: it's surely a nice one - congrats! :clap:
Funny you say that, cause after seeing thousands of right handed guitars, the one lefty comes as a shock, but i come to my senses pretty quick about it.
Strummer07 wrote:Nice axe Mate !!

Looks like condition 1 to me !!

is that the top of your head reflecting in the pup ?? :D

I understand 12bars comment........there is defintely a "head challenge" going on in my head when I look at left handed guitars ....I automatically try and resolve the image in my head back to the more conventional ( for me !)
Haha that is indeed my head in the pup :away:
VikingBlues wrote:Nice guitar LB and the price sounds good too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's true what people have been saying that looking at the lefty guitar when you play right handed or vice versa does screw with the head. :think:

How is it for weight? Some of us suffer for our art with the Mahogany body boosting the weight - worth suffering for the tone though.
I actually weighed it. I weighed myself first and then me holding the guitar. I subtracted the second weight from the first weight and came to the conclusion of..... drum roll please.....

A HEFTY 9.8 POUNDS!!!!!!!! This thing has been killing my back. The heaviness and the mahogany body give it a really dark tone. I really like it cause when driven it stings without sounding really high pitched and annoying (sorry to any metal fans :D). When I add some extra 'verb, it provides a spot on supernatural tone.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

LeftyBlues wrote:
VikingBlues wrote:How is it for weight? Some of us suffer for our art with the Mahogany body boosting the weight - worth suffering for the tone though.
I actually weighed it. I weighed myself first and then me holding the guitar. I subtracted the second weight from the first weight and came to the conclusion of..... drum roll please.....

A HEFTY 9.8 POUNDS!!!!!!!! This thing has been killing my back. The heaviness and the mahogany body give it a really dark tone. I really like it cause when driven it stings without sounding really high pitched and annoying (sorry to any metal fans :D). When I add some extra 'verb, it provides a spot on supernatural tone.
That sounds about right - I have a healthy 10 lbs (my scales only do the nearest lb) Tokai to match! :yikes:

And at the beginning I was getting real pain in the back and was a bit worried it would spoil our music making together. One properly padded wide strap later (the sort designed with bass players in mind) and the problem has pretty well disappeared. It's now as comfortable as the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe is on its normal strap and that's a semi-hollow. I'd heard people praise the effect of this sort of strap but I didn't really believe it till I tried. The tone though, and the looks - beautiful. Here's pics of my "Shiraz" (well she is wine red). :D
Maybe needed dusted before the picture was done!
Maybe needed dusted before the picture was done!
TokaiLC85_2.jpg (170.66 KiB) Viewed 18374 times
The non-UK headstock - rare and a lucky find.
The non-UK headstock - rare and a lucky find.
TokaiLC85_4.jpg (93.69 KiB) Viewed 18374 times
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
weelie

Post by weelie »

Great looking guitars! Lefties look funny to me too, but I had a teacher who played lefties, I think it was great for learning, as when he was showing me stuff (opposite me), his guitar was the same way around! :D

But ~10lb... too much, for me personally. That's why I have the semihollow Alleykat. Well, it's more than 8lb (I think it's 3.7kg), so heftier than my Fenders. But on the other hand if it was lighter, I guess the headstock would be pointing to the floor. :(
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

VikingBlues wrote:
LeftyBlues wrote:
VikingBlues wrote:How is it for weight? Some of us suffer for our art with the Mahogany body boosting the weight - worth suffering for the tone though.

That sounds about right - I have a healthy 10 lbs (my scales only do the nearest lb) Tokai to match! :yikes:

And at the beginning I was getting real pain in the back and was a bit worried it would spoil our music making together. One properly padded wide strap later (the sort designed with bass players in mind) and the problem has pretty well disappeared. It's now as comfortable as the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe is on its normal strap and that's a semi-hollow. I'd heard people praise the effect of this sort of strap but I didn't really believe it till I tried. The tone though, and the looks - beautiful. Here's pics of my "Shiraz" (well she is wine red). :D
TokaiLC85_2.jpg
TokaiLC85_4.jpg
Glad to see that i'm not the only one with a massive weight LP. I was just surprised cause I had heard that "the" weight for a LP is around 8.5-8.8 pounds. I think my back troubles may come from the fact that i'm using a simple 2" poly ernie ball strap (the kind EC uses). I might invest in getting a better strap or switch back to my cheap one I got from Target >_<, its pretty thick and heavy duty.